Friday, January 29, 2010

My Honeymoon and Bar M

When bf and I have run out of places to go or things to do, we eat. The past 2 dates were spent exploring  eats, something we don't usually do.

When the place was newly opened and there were no people, we don’t wanna eat. We only wanna go there when there are a lot of people, so we had hang around and pressure people for a table.

People were eating some blackish thing til their lips and teeth were all black, so Timmy wanted to join in the fun. Bak kata pepatah "Once comot, twice comot-er".


My Forgotten-What-Its-Called, Timmy's mango drink with coconut milk and Timmy's tau fu fa soaking in sesame cream


The menu was extensive with all kinds of dessert hot and cold. Upon further perusal, they were basically using the same ingredients or 'base'. Nevertheless, still very impressive and creative.

Somehow I always end up ordering something yucky while Timmy's is nice. Like my super-full-wanna-die potato au gratin at Pasta Zanmai while Timmy's Jap curry was tasty. And like my very-super-peppery rice at Pepper Lunch while Timmy had curry rice again.

This time, he had black-but-ok sesame cream while my Forgotten-What-Its-Called actually consisted of mashed boiled sweet potato. Omg, it was a small cup but sweet potatoes are oh-so-filling and both of us couldn't even finish it. If it was chilled, I could have pretended it was a very value-for-money ice-cream instead :D

And then we camwhore la..

I like this pictar, we are sweet and happy =)


This is my current phone wallpaper and contact pic. After a few attempts at camwhoring, muka masam a bit already.


If I am bored while waiting for the train, I look through my phone and lol when I see this. The mouth depicts mischieviousness.


Oh before that, we had already been eating non-stop. Timmy had McD for breakfast at our favourite outlet and then we tried the much-anticipated Wendy's for lunch. Been there, done that and don't wanna go to Wendy's anymore. Super salty fried chicken and very sour punya sour cream on boiled potato. *shiver*

And last weekend, we drove around without a destination in mind. We had roti kosong for breakie and then we arrived at SS15 and saw the famous rojak.

"We try, hao?" Timmy said. Hahaha..


Our spot in the queue


While Timmy queued, I went to buy coconut water and Timmy laughed at me when he saw me holding the big stainless steel mug of coconut water. It is so huge wan, the whole coconut's worth is inside there.


2 full people struggled to finish 1 plate of rojak. We left it there half eaten. People must be wondering what was wrong with the popular rojak. I didn't find it any spectacular; I still think the one near Giant is the best, even better than this. The flour pieces must be crunchy to me. No, this review is not influenced by being super full.

Went to SP but no parking. Drove on aimlessly until we almost reached MV. I saw the TTDI signboard, let's go there, Timmy suggested Hartamas instead. But we arrived at Solaris in the end woot woot!

We eventually parked ourselves at Biz Cafe. Not many cafes open surprisingly. Yeah there is also a Biz here in BT but I don't feel like kaw chocolatey stuff at Schokolart. Makan dan minum lagi..



Wait for Lawrence til bored already, so we moved to Bar M by Michelangelo and makan and minum again.. had only chicken wings shared with Timmy though, no pics but I have this..


Timmy's mojito. Can also see someone else busy photographing in the background.
Interesting drink that Cath said isn't suitable for a 1st date cos all the mint leaves get stuck on your teeth and you look extremely stupid with vege all over. And then Timmy answered "It's ok, dated for 2 years already!" *roll eyes* It tasted nice at first but at the bottom, the rum and tequila is hiding there and tasted so vile.

Dunno what's up for eats this weekend =) Long weekend indeed, we KL-ites get our well-deserved 'state' holiday. It feels kinda good to call myself a KL-ite rather than a Klangite haha. 1 more day of work , I should be free at the office tomorrow but no part-time work that can be done at the office unless I open the thick Maths textbook on my desk :S Nitez..

No comments: