Monday, January 21, 2008

Of Quotes and CNY Shopping Thoughts

Initially I thought of this quote while posting “The People Around Me”..

“Humans live to complement each other’s existence”
-L.Sue Ann-

But I came up with another variation, considering that not everyone complements my life..

“A human exists for 2 purposes, either to complement another’s existence or to annoy the hell out of them”
-L.Sue Ann-

Take your pick. Both are copyrights reserved. Now I have quotes to call my own, elevating myself to the likes of Virginia Woolf and Mahatma Gandhi =D

A few examples that could have inspired the idea for quote #2:

Example #1:
This bloody bitch from Singapore evokes fear and grunts whenever her name pops up in Skype or comes in the inbox. And she had to pick me to be victimized (cos I’m sweet hehe) Seeing her email first thing in the morning even before having breakfast with Timmy makes me just wanna run off with him and pretend that I haven’t clocked in at the office. What happened most recently was she emailed me asking some questions. Took great effort and was careful in replying her as she would usually ask you another 10 more questions in return. After I replied, she asked to re-confirm. Then in Skype, she asked the same thing again if it’s correct? What’s wrong with this woman?? 3 times to ask and confirm the same thing? Dunno if she’s a slow learner or has difficulty reading or comprehending. Mui Siew asked me to highlight, bold and use red fonts in all replies to her. Debi is even better, he said he doesn’t find her too smart and if she uses the gray matter between her ears, she would have gotten the answers instead. Woo, bravo bravo!

She is annoying in the sense that I hate questions, especially tough ones but her queries are actually very necessary. I mean, if I were to encounter similar discrepancies in the data, I would have brought them up to and in fact, most of the time we only realize that there is data error when she brought it to our attention. Like the most recent one, which at the time of writing is still being looked into, has already taken 2 days of looking into and needed my boss’ and big man’s attention. Usually, any queries will be settled by yours truly and Shikin, where we mess things up quietly and cover each others’ backs =D

Anyway, to the annoying fart down there, I don’t care how (un)brilliant you are but please forget that I ever existed or remove me from your Skype before I block you =D

Example #2:
I do not appreciate advice or criticm on my love life, especially when the person has no knowledge or experience whatsoever and has not even eaten as much salt as I have. If that person has had relationships, I might appreciate the advice. I am old enough to think what’s good for me, who’s good to me and what am I doing. As Tim said, every relationship is special, regardless of how it had been. For every relationship that I have had, I do not regret it and the person is special, even if it is only to me and I don’t care if it isn’t to you. So, thank you and I’d see as well how perfect your future partner is.



Example #3

This woman can also kill me. First, she sent a list of 200 spots for me to find if they were actually aired. Hello, the norm is at most 5 spots, not 40x that. This involves finding them first in Arianna to see if they were actually reported there and if they aren’t, then I’d have to look through the programme recordings. Hello, 200 programmes?? Watching tv like this is not fun, you know. God saved me in the sense that we ‘have’ this 30 day policy, anything past that will not be looked into, so I looked for approximately half that amount.

And the worse thing was, all of the spots can be obtained in Arianna, meaning that they weren’t missing and had already gone on air in the first place! No one has ever done this, not a single client who has sent similar queries. Dahlah already blind or lazy, she practically asked me to do her ‘implementations assistant’ work in ensuring her whole ad campaign went on air. Lazy!

Already gently told her once before and it happened again, this time it’s worse in fact. Probably too gentle or too fubar =D Spent 2 days working on her query and had a headache after that, squinting at reports and programme recordings. Decided to not include her in our CNY card list. No card for you, you stupid blind bozo!!!

CNY shopping: To shop or not to shop

Initially planned to not buy anything (food excluded), especially with the resolution to cut costs. After all, celebrations at my mother’s hometown as much toned down compared to my dad’s, no more kampung already in fact, and there are no ‘in-laws’ houses that requires me to pai nin.

But as soon as I got to the malls, the atmosphere and the sight of people buying changed my mind. Kiasu =) I mean, everyone’s choosing and carrying big bags and CNY songs are playing everywhere, how could I? Ok, now those are excuses, I know. So that should I feel the ‘bleed’ (quote:Timmy) later on, I could console myself that it’s CNY after all. It’s the occasion that softens the start of every new semester and makes me look forward to it, and I’d tell myself that there is still a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. That’s how much I dread uni =)


CNY shopping/wish list, in yum order:

1. Dried prawns little popiah
2. Ngaku chips
3. Nice slightly burnt bah kua! The smell makes me go mad.
4. Thin crunchy kuih kapit (demoted to no.4 cos currently have 1 tin already =) but not crispy enough)
5. Sweet oranges that are best eaten cold from the fridge on a hot day
6. Packet drinks (more of a necessity; the only time of the year when I don’t drink water =) )



The kuih kapit I attacked the very night I brought them home. Til kena marah from my mum. But it’s not crispy, so the search for kuih kapit continues..

Will upload all stories, pics and purchases later, when CNY is nearer and to get more in the mood! Have some stuff already but trying to hold it…..

2 comments:

Radius said...

Er.... think i better use my own quote "There are 11 types of people in this world. 1 who can understand binary and 1 who cant" :D

Yeah, every relationship is special. Never regret it even how bad it ended.

Take care princess

babysue said...

Oik, nerdy quotes are not allowed here! Reminds me of some people who asked me what is 1+1 and the answer is 11. Must be one of ur gang.