Thursday, July 30, 2009

I Love London: Part 3

Day 8, 10th July: A very eventful day with the stars

For lunch, we went to the Borough Market for lunch. It’s kinda popular and it’s only a few steps from office. There were long queues for all the burger and wrap stalls and I got myself a sausage.


Looking at these chocolates makes your nose wanna bleed.

Somehow I had no craving for chocs (or maybe it was too pricey), so I didn’t buy any. These chocs are too kaw for me anyway, I prefer simpler ones.

Left the office at 4.30pm to make it in time for Madame Tussaud’s. I had already bought online an After 5 ticket, which is half price. The website stated that the closing time is 7pm but there, they told me that it closes at 6pm. So I had 1 hour, but it was enough and it wasn’t as big as I expected it to be. Quite disappointed actually.

I don't have anyone to help me snap pics, so I approached people to snap for me and self-snapped for some. All sorts of people handled my camera, dunno what they pressed until the shots turned out blurry due to the long focusing time. So this is the best of what I have:


Timberlake is the celeb that I took the most pics with.





I took a lot of these too to make my bro jealous, cos he’s a huge James Bond fan


Trying to get some chakrapati from Whoopi.



Everyone asked me to press Beckham’s butt, so I took a pic of him although not really a fan. Don't think this resembles him much as well.


I am a member of the royal family, their maid from China, Ah Ling


... and Princess Diana’s friend. Trying to see if she hides any coins in her skirt.


Yo yo homeys, come come..


Getting jiggy with the Dalai Lama. What was I thinking, putting my head so close that old man like this as if he was some hot hunk? Timmy said the old man tak berdosa to deserve this hahaha!!


Einstein was also my favourite, I self-snapped with him thousands of times.


This is the new MJ figure released just the day before I went there. I felt geli to even stand beside his figurine, so I just took a picture of it instead.


I think this is my favourite shot!!


Answer the phone la, what smile smile?


Ah pek (Jiang ZeMin I think)


This is SO real.


Tiger is my best-est friend. Was looking for Lance Armstrong to be his best friend actually.

Trying to be as sensual as Marilyn but tak jadi.


Somehow I was more attracted to J Lo’s butt than Beckham. It is normal?


I took pics too with Arnie, Lewis Hamilton, Prince William, Hitler, Mandela, Robbie Williams, Britney, The Beatles, Hannah Montana and Zac Efron. Since Hannah and Zac were there, so I just take la. I saw Mozart, Picasso, Shakespeare, Spielberg who looked very real, some political figures, some writers, held hands with George Clooney and wanted to get jiggy with Mahatma Gandhi, just like I did with the Dalai Lama. But I thought that since he was shorter and wearing a cawat, seems kinda disrespectful haha.

Honestly, I thought that the museum was a disappointment. I had expected it to be much bigger but I got pics with/of everyone (some even multiple pics, all had to wait for strangers to take for me) in an hour and was outta there.

Sherlock Holmes Museum was around the area, think his kampung might be there cos at the Baker Street station, there was this all over the walls.


Coll met me there after the museum tour and then we went to Westminster Abbey, the House of Parliament and THE Big Ben.



The Westminster Abbey which I thought looked very Lego-like, yet very different from the other structures that I have seen.



The Westminster Abbey with policemen. I like these policemen very much.

See, I really like them very much that I bought these helmets. I bought one for Timmy too, so we have couple hats now! (haven’t forced Timmy to wear it and take a pic together yet, coming up soon)

Dude, I was at the Big Ben!

Standing on the Westminster Bridge with London Eye in the background

Cantik lo, both me and the Westminster

Cool, with the London Eye far in the back. We heard the Big Ben chime too, dong dong dong.


Nearby was the St. Margaret’s Church, another magnificent building. I think I was most impressed by it. We had to look up really high cos it was really huge.



See the guy taking pics at the bottom? See how high the church is.


And of course, every pic must have my face in it, as if to prove that I was there =)


And then, we stumbled upon Downing Street by chance hahaha. No wonder it was gated and there were a lot of policemen there.

See, I was at Downing Street!
From there, we walked to Trafalgar Square.

This is the famous Trafalgar Square.
At that time, there was this 4th plinth thingy going on. Lazy to explain, you read la.

So that’s the plinth and some person is having her turn standing up there. Usually they represent some society and use their time up there to spread their message.
Me and my amigos. These people were there to dance the Time Warp to celebrate some children’s charity’s 140th anniversary.
Party atmosphere.


The National Gallery is also at the Trafalgar Square.

After dancing the Time Warp for a while, we went to the nearby streets for dinner. Dunno what place was that, probably Leicester Square? Now I wonder how could we go to so many places after work. Tussaud’s, Westminster, Big Ben, Downing Street, Trafalgar Square.. and we mostly walked from place to place, so tired. Oh, the Westminster pics were taken at 8pm, shows how bright it is there, enabling us to see many things. Actually there is nothing at Trafalgar Square other than err.. a square? And some gigantic lions.


The head of the National Gallery was actually complaining in the papers that people were climbing all over the lions and making the National Gallery seem like a not cultured place.


To be continued..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoaaaaaa u get the helmets also ar? aiya.. i should have brought mine back to kl the other day... then we can stroll along bukit bintang with the helmets on :P

babysue said...

at bukit bintang some more bwahaha.. imagine what a sight we would have made? let's do that, it's nice to see ppl's reaction and be silly for once!