For lunch, we went near the Shakepeare Globe which was near Tate Modern which was near our office yet we never went there. Somehow we ended up missing those places that were close by, like the river cruise and the London Eye. We had already gone to the National Gallery, so there is no need to go to Tate Modern. Not one for art.
Sainsbury has superb customer service. I couldn’t find the book that I had promised bro to buy in the outlet near my place. Thought that I’d try my luck to email them on where else they have it. They replied, Fulham. That’s like 1+ hours from home, and home is already 1 hour from office. I asked if there is another outlet, they replied Whitechapel. So off to Whitechapel we went after work. I would say that the place could be London’s Little India. Right at the station, there were stalls and shop manned by Banglas and Bollywood CDs being sold. I got bro’s book, one for myself since it was a 2-for-8GBP and Tim’s Gillette Fusion and off we went. Coll (edited)suggested that I could claim that Gillette for toiletries but I wouldn’t wanna freak Nick out. Furiously and desperately need to shave 2 days before leaving for home? Cos need to meet bf in pristine condition? Hahaha. He could tell Achilleas and soon it would reaffirm the whole London office’s beliefs that Malaysian girls are indeed close relatives to the orang utan.
Next, we went to Victoria for a while cos coll (edited) wanted to get the soundtrack for the musical that she watched. Then off we went to Earl’s Court to try this place that her boss recommended. Her boss started recommending eats 2 days before our departure, so we got on a frantic race to eat =D Eats will be elaborated later in a separate post. It was still rainy and messy and cold that evening, pretty gloomy.
Day 15, 17th July: FFK people on the last day
We went to the Borough Market for lunch and for dessert. Be warned of the next picture.
DON'T YOU FEEL LIKE WANTING TO JUMP INSIDE THERE AND BE BURIED BY CHERRIES??
I bought some, good choice of buying them from the market. I had been thinking of getting some to bring home but Timmy advised me against the idea, he asked me to just eat them there. I’m not that interested in cherries, things are only fun when shared =) It was good that it was a Friday already, so I bought some and hand-carried them on the flight home!
Achilles asked if we wanted to join him for beers after work. Honestly, I already don't want to at that time, but I thought that I would go since it was already the last day. We stayed late to take pics of the office after everyone left, but also primarily cos we were doing our expenses claims and handing back the stuff that we’d been using. We passed by Mudlark, the place that the company usually have after-work drinks, and decided to claim that we couldn’t find him. SCC messaged her boss and asked her to inform Ach, and off we went. We just had a simple dinner of crap fried chicken and off we went home to have a good night’s rest before the long flight the next day... what a way to end the last night in London.
Left London on Saturday, arrived in KL on Sunday. The flight home wasn’t as long as going there, but there was still the countdown to reaching KL knowing that Timmy’s will be waiting at the airport with arms wide stretched so that I can fly straight into them, haha.
As I write this and select the pics I wanna post, deep inside I miss London so much. We ran out of places to go, yet being there was just nice.. And at times, I think:
“Dude, I went to London!!”
Never in my wildest dreams that I would go to London. London. It sounds so far, so impossible. Heck, I’ve never even been to nearby Singapore recently and have no passport. But I make one and I go to London straight away! Gosh, sometimes it’s still hard to believe that I was there. Like I was watching Samantha Brown’s Great Weekends yesterday and she went to London. I was like, I was there! I was there too! but out of the places she went, we didn’t go to Hyde Park (opposite direction of Kensington), St Paul’s Cathedral (too tired and thought it’s just a cathedral until finding out it is the 2nd largest in the world and it was simply awesome inside, dang) and Tate Modern (not a fan). London is nice nice nice nice nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment