Saturday, December 26, 2009

Accident :(



This pic hurts my heart the most, seeing how badly smashed it was



It is only by looking at the pics that I realise the extent of the damage, for I am seated behind the driver's wheel and can't see much from there. At the time of writing, poor car is already sent to the workshop for repairs and insurance claim. Damn my insurance next year, for I already have 55% NCB. This is the price to pay for recklessness and me being the mathematician, being poorer does teach me a big lesson.

Many have complained about this and I’m gonna give you my firsthand account of what happened. I located the nearest police station on the GPS and went to the Mutiara Damansara station. Upon arrival, I realised that I needed RM300 to lodge a report, so I went off to seek an ATM machine and ended up at Tesco.
Went back to Mutiara Damansara, only to be told to go to the Kota Damansara station since it is a traffic police one. I spent eternity locating it despite having the GPS, why the bloody fcuk is the station located right behind McD?? Then they tell me that I would still have to go to the one in PJ even if I had made a report here, as the investigating officer is there. so I made my way there, about 3 hours after the accident happened.

Mutiara Damansara to Kota Damansara to PJ. Why the bloody hell didn’t the police in Mutiara ask me to go to PJ in the 1st place?

1. They should just link all systems, regardless whether it is traffic or not
2. Link all traffic police stations

Then, I had to return to PJ the next day to get a copy of the police report for insurance claims purpose. Copies of the report can only be obtained during office hours? I tried my luck and asked if I can get it from other stations, maybe the one in Klang, but nope.

1. Why the bloody hell can’t they issue the report right after it is made?
2. Why the bloody hell can’t they link everything and allow other traffic police stations to give a print out of the bloody report?

As my mother said, see how ma fan is it. I was emotionless when the accident happened, no heartache, no sadness anything. But the going here and there broke me, especially trying to locate places and the GPS was bringing me everywhere.

I found out that I don't actually have to pay the summons on the spot, but if I don't, I would have to make another trip to pay it. I heard the sergeant saying though, that it can be paid at any station. Clever, they integrate things when they want our bloody money, ain’t it?

They should accept credit cards, for heaven’s sake. Even immigration offices do, so why can’t they?

The sergeant said that since I’m not lan si, he’d help me out a little and gave me a little discount. Not bad, I am happy. He wanted a bribe earlier; guess the force can never be rid of these scums. As scum as they can be, I the offender would have settled for that option as well. Being in the shoes of an offender, you’d be desperate for any way out. When the demand doesn't cease, corruption will never end. It’s hard, it’s hard, now I speak from an offender’s point of view. But inside I was glad that he had no choice but to issue me a summons in the end, so I don't have to live with the frustration of principles vs. actions.

I now have a dent in my driving record, and damages that ‘dents’ would be too mild to describe. 8 years of driving and I’ve never hit anyone before. Don't ask me how did it happened, I am baffled to this day how could I miss a queue of cars, realised it too late and slammed into them at almost full speed. I only recall looking at the GPS on my left and then glancing at the signboard above. I held out my arm to prevent my mum from jerking forward, that’s all I managed to do. At least I wasn’t sms-ing, eating or combing my hair when it happened, for it would have gotten me into more trouble and I would absolutely hate myself for it.

A lesson well-learnt. I don't wanna see this post anymore, it hurts but it was a chapter in my life and deserved to be here. I thank God that we are alright, my family and I are alright. That’s the most important thing at all. Thank God too that we all made it well back and safe from Penang and Ipoh; I was kinda scared at the Jelapang area when there were signboards asking to test if the brakes are working and despite braking, I still couldn't bring down my speed. Thank God we had a safe journey and a good trip.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Errr... it's kinda well known d... if accident in PJ, have to go to the traffic police station @ PJ State, if in KL, it's the Tun H.S.Lee station...

babysue said...

how i know, not that i hantam people everyday.. maybe well-known among the kaki hantam la. i'm a first-timer ma (and last time too!)