Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Super fun day in Melaka

Happening month! 2 weeks after ATV, we went to Melaka! It was like we suddenly realised we are getting old and need to squeeze in as many activities as we can. Or the Restless Legs and Hearts Syndrome had intensified.

So... we convoyed and followed behind Lawrence who was driving very ‘cautiously’ :D The brilliant me suddenly had an enlightenment *ting!* Hunger drives people to produce intellectual thoughts. Siew pau!

I’m not exactly a fan of siew pau but let’s just say I eat a lot nowadays and we’re passing the Land of Siew Pau. Actually there was a huge siew pau empire by the highway but we went deep deep in Seremban to find a shop. Paiseh also.. but I saw a shop called HATIM. We were so excited to see such a shop but didn’t catch what it was selling.

The itinerary at A-Famosa:
  • Elephant show – exploitation of elephants and nice to see elephants exploit humans back by using their trunks to thump their dicks lol. And then step on it, bigger lol. 
  • Multi animal show - cats, parrots and don't remember what else. 
  • Safari ride – The reason we are there. Definitely something different than what we get from the zoos. The animals were exactly crowding around our truck as in the Kenyan safaris but it was definitely cool seeing strange species of animals upclose.







  • Bird show - beautiful parrots, majestic eagle and hornbill and don't-know-what bird that does mimicry VERY well) 
Us posing at the bird show. No pics of birds worth posting =P

  • Wild Wild West show - surely could do better in storyline but I was impressed by the stunts. The gunfire made me terperanjat, the Red Indians actually rode horses at full speed, they actually burned the windows of the ‘bank’ and a guy leapt 3 storeys from a water tank into water beneath. Wow.. 




  • Monkey Island – where the guys had great fun feeding monkeys and seeing a group of Iranian tourists being called beruk for dancing on the raft :D

And then there was the chicken farm! The highlight of the trip! When I entered the 'farm', I instantly saw the room of a thousand yellow fluffy chicks! I was not drawn to enter it until Cath went in. I'm amazed that I did for I'm against the touching of all animals.

                                      
They's so fluffay!!

I can't believe I'm holding an animal in my hand

                                      
Last camwhore pic before we say bye bye to the animals

Hahaha, I’m not much into animal shows actually; they remind me of the sea lion shows that I watched at the zoo when I was young. But I’ve never been there and it’s not like I had anything else to do anyway. Definitely an experience with bf :) and being all sweaty and sticky, we took a bath at the Ayer Keroh R&R before heading to Jonker!

There was this stall selling wallets of ‘Korean influence’. It was cool; open it up, put the notes inside, flip to open it at the back and the notes somehow has gone into the rubber straps. I wanted to buy one because it was a novelty and also to go home and analyse how it works. But I told myself not to buy things that I will not use, bravo me!


Curly potatoes, the new in-thing! Yummy yummy, couldn't find it in Pandamaran pasar malam

                                      
Egg-shaped ice-cream that I asked someone "Hai pin tou mai ga?" rather than go home dejected at not being able to eat Melakan ice-cream. We had already walked up and down the pasar malam and of course we didn't see the freezer situated along the corridor. How did people see them then, I wonder..

We had a long long drive to Umbai for ikan bakar. It wasn’t the kind I anticipated with sambal and lady’s finger on the top. Instead, it was bakar-ed just like that, kosong. Hmm.. I was already super full from all the nonsense I had been eating plus the drinks I had to take due to the spicy otak-otak, so I couldn’t finish the little rice and so I started to day dream and forgot to chew til Timmy marah.... :D

Tired and super full, I slept in the backseat, just like how I did when I was 5 :D Nice outing, nice pictures, nice friends, nice paktor with bf!

Now planning the next one ngek ngek ngek.. I already know what it is! Nom nom nom..

No comments: