Monday, August 30, 2010

(Belated posting of) ATV outing

August is an eventful month – ATV and Melaka trip. Let’s revisit one by one..

It was hectic before we went for the ATV. Timmy picked me after tuition, then I went to buy rojak, we went to wash car, Timmy went to cut hair and then we went to JJ. By the time we went to JJ, we only had about 1.5 hours left. But.. we bought lots of clothes! Timmy got Hilfiger and fcuk tees (cheh!) and I got 4 tops at fantabulous prices from Padini. Yes I admit that again, I bought clothes because they were cheap and not that I really liked them. Who cares. And it didn’t help that it was a Saturday and I walked out of Padini holding 4 tops; people stared at me and the guard wanted to check the receipt. If I had wanted to steal, I would have put them on instead of carrying them out like that *roll eyes*

So.. we did a trial run before going off into the woods. The oil palm plantation, I mean. The trial circuit was just soil with some bumps. It was fun yelling and honking at whoever that was in front! And then we crossed the road and off into the woods..


We took off first.. vroom vroom to the top. And looked behind to see the guide chasing after us, asking us to hold on bwahaha! Then we set off... and realised some distance later that Lawrence and Cath were no longer behind us. We waited a while for the guide to ‘investigate’, and later he told us to go on; his bro will lead them. Turns out that at the start, Cath langgar pokok
and we didn’t know and didn’t wait up lol!




Timmy and I took turns to drive. He taught me that if Soren or anyone else is behind, rev the engine and mud will splutter behind. Yeah, ‘behind’ as in the passenger behind. And clever me saw a huge pool of mossy green water *evil smile* and *SPLOOSH!* damn the water did not go behind but went up in th air and back down on us!! Timmy was horrified bwahaha.

I think I look cute in those helmets! So round and covers my forehead.

Group pictar upon our completion of the ride. Posing in front of our trial run circuit.

For photo-taking purpose

Some parts are scary cos Timmy was going quite fast especially at the lumppity-bump Dataran Ezzy. After a short 1 hour, we were back at the trial run circuit already. It was supposed to be 1 hr 20 mins; guess we drove too fast? We were allowed to ride around the trial run circuit again but after being in the woods, it was so lame laaa..

After taking bath, we went to Eat Workshop. It was located in an industrial area, surrounded by factories. For its ‘prime’ location, it’s gotta be good right? My foot! Not only was the food inedible but it was expensive! I don't mind paying for good food but they have the cheek to charge us that. The chocolate fondant with melted choc oozing out looked so tempting but the real one tasted like plastic. Gardenia muffins taste better. And they had the audacity to charge 15 bucks for that nonsense? I had expected heaven for that price! The waiter said that I’d be getting a quarter chicken but all I got was 2 smelly lumps of chicken for RM26.90. Fubar!

Which shows that the quality of food can deteriorate in time; as the blogs review weren’t as bad. Wonder how it survived in that factory area. Well, tak cuba, tak tau.. Dinner was very funny with Pam asking Soren to not waste her time saying 'Welllll...'. I did think before that Soren likes to leave the sentence hanging hahaha.

ATV was so tiring that I slept as soon as I reached home at 9.30pm that night. Personal best record.

No comments: