Day 1:
Missed the bus from KL Sentral to LCCT due to my just-enough-time attitude. So Timmy had to send me straight to the airport, evoking a lot of curiosity and kayponism from my colleagues. It was bad especially when Timmy had just returned from work that morning and was going to head back to office again but manage to pakthor right up to the time to board the plane is so nice =)
We arrived in Langkawi 20 minutes ahead of schedule. Langkawi looks like a nice place upon arrival.
Me outside the plane upon arrival. Though afraid that we would get reprimanded by the staff, we still wanna take pics.
The attack of the green people. (still confused what’s his name), (still confused what’s his name), me, Shikin, Leela the stuck-up accounts woman, my beautiful boss, Kwan and James
Shikin got someone to sponsor us those T-shirts. All feelings of embarrassment were soon replaced with a sense of belonging and unity! =D
The view from our room
We had lunch and soon it was time for the strategic meeting…zzz…Honestly it was nothing. It is just a bombastic name for our company trip. Maybe to fool the HQ in Italy, so that they don’t think we are spending unnecessary money or something. You know it’s nothing when almost everyone gets introduced; it was just something to buy time. Anyway…
..and more green people
And more again. My boss is oh-so-beautiful (right most)
In the evening, we were free to do whatever we liked, so we took a stroll at the beach. But before the stroll..
As soon as the driver got off for a while, we carjacked his buggy. Or is it buggy-jack his buggy? Whatever. As you can see here, I was the tai kwai tau.
Then we went for the walk along the beach, the ‘cycle’ rather.
Oh, back to topic, I was really scared and told Fida that my life is in her hands. I have no Timmy to hug from the back and bonceng-ing doesn’t seem so fun anymore. I told Fida that I must say Bismillah as well first =D Yeah, that was how scared I was but there was no choice, I’d be the only one without a bike and I have to go on foot? No way, the resort’s so big and I’d get left behind as well. Her reply: Kalau jatuh, dua-dua pun jatuh lah. Cheh.
Anyway, I’m back in one piece! Even found it fun, but it was tiring when I had to cycle alone especially on the sand. We cycled along the beach in a convoy and then to the shops cos some Smart Alec came to the beach in shoes and wanted to buy slippers there. The beach was nice, nicer than Pangkor, considering that it is so commercialized, overly popular and all that.
The beach
Getting better at self snap using the camera =D
Fida the rider whom I entrusted my still-beautiful knees and legs, don’t want them scrapped. Upon reaching any destination, I’d just happily hop off the bike and leave her to push it hehe. Once I remembered to help out and boy, it was heavy! =P
The biking convoy endorsing Cornetto. TV ads still follow us wherever we go due to the nature of our jobs =)
After dinner, we had a Black Jack session in Lily’s room. No real gambling, all the 20cents had to be returned =)
Got hugged tightly by the best friend
At 11.30pm, we all returned our shillings and conked off…
Day 2:
Plans for the day: Sea cucumber factory, Underwater World, cable car, Dataran Lang and shopping!
1st stop: The gamat factory. Didn’t buy anything cos I don’t believe in all those. The Chinese just wanna eat them, not apply the stinking oil everywhere =D The oil and water supposedly does wonders but it is sold at 10 bucks for 14 bottles. The world would be rid of illness had the gamat do its wonders at that price. Funny thing is, our guide told us that you have to lie on whichever part it is that is sakit, then you drink the water. Meaning if you have a backache, you have to lie on your back or if you have liver problems, you have to lie on your side and then drink the water. So if you have a headache, you have to prop yourself upside down against the wall and then drink the air gamat? I wish you well..and luck.
The only thing that interested me there was this.. more vanity.
2nd stop: Underwater World. Took group photos first at the entrance before going in.
Inside..
A gigantic fish
And I think I look cute hahaha =D
There were penguins too but the pictures didn’t turn out well and I don’t like those types with hair at the sides of their heads, not nice.
And then my stupid camera ran out of battery. I just changed it that morning itself, so annoying. It was only the 2nd stop for the day. So had to rely on others’ cameras and the occasional time that my camera is able to be switched on.
3rd stop: Cable car. The view was beautiful from the top of Mount Mat Chinchang. I remember there was a board there that says 500m+ above sea level. Then there was a suspension bridge that gives you more view and experience being on top of the world. The climb up to the platform and to the bridge was tiring as there were many steps, but it was an experience. Some didn’t want to go to the bridge cos they were too lazy to climb back up the 100+ steps, how silly.
At the top of the cable car station, on top of the world at 500+m above sea level
Timmy said this pic looks like an UMNO gathering of makciks. So bad
Where do you think this is? It’s the public toilet at the cable car place. So swanky huh? But had to pay 30sen =P Lily paid for me though =D
4th stop: Dataran Lang. A must have place to take pics for those who go to Langkawi. I wasn’t in the group photo as I was in the bunch who went to pee.
5th and final stop: Shopping!!
My purchases. At first I thought I bought a lot, then I found out that I’m one of the least spending ones, so it’s not much after all. Divide those there into 2, and there isn’t much is it? Not satisfied.
When the aunties had gone out to town to buy cookware, the lonely Lily and the lonely me headed opposite our resort to take pics, our favourite self-indulging past time..
After taking the all-important scarecrow pic, we couldn’t resist the ultra-blue swimming pool and dunked ourselves in. Just half an hour was sufficient before going for dinner.
That night we had a BBQ buffet dinner, but it wasn’t really fun as the barbecuing was done for us, what’s the point? Sort of expected everyone to sit by the beach barbecuing their own stuff.. there were lobsters and prawns but the crabs were severely underfed.
Suddenly looked up and saw Foo taking my pic.. But I like this pic hahaha. Looked confused.
After dinner we had a gift-exchanging thingy where I got rid of whatever I didn’t want at home, award presentation to my boss who has been there for 15 years and celebration of April birthdays. Boring. Then we went to Kwan’s room to enjoy the mangoes they plucked off the trees at the resort. Conked off after that, it was a very tiring day after the climb up and down the steps at the cable car station.
Day 3:
Nothing much can be done though our flight was at 2.15pm. We had breakfast and then we went around the resort to take pics (again), so enjoy.. =)
The water is so blue, cannot tahan
Then my camera ran out of battery again, annoying but don’t let the fun stop there! Use James’ phone instead and took this..
And then..bubbye Langkawi..!
The story has yet to end. Was feeling hungry in the plane, so I ordered the nasi lemak. RM8 for nasi lemak isn’t expensive especially on a flight. If the fussy James said it’s not bad, then I guess it should be fine.
Nice big plate of nasi lemak in the menu
The actual nasi lemak that came. Not on a plate with a big bowl of rice nor a whole egg. Not a big serving as in the menu too.
I should have known right? Nasi lemak is already sold at 8 bucks on ground. Not complaining, just that the picture in the menu is very misleading. No wonder that it is a hot seller, cos many people got conned! =D Bought an MU T-shirt on board for bro too, very affordable for official merchandise.
And oh, I’m now known among my colleagues for a great interest in photography. At least this time I have been a little repentant and posted mostly group pics, not pics of me and me alone. Photography (with yourself in it) is fun =)
Verdict: Nice. Wouldn’t mind returning as there are many places yet to be visited, the beach was nice and I could definitely go chocolate-shopping anytime.
*****
Post-Langkawi: The week after
On Monday, James on MC and my boss on leave. Tuesday, boss on leave again and Shikin too. My beginner’s training was completed successfully without the Associate Director asking me anything strange or saying anything nasty. She even called me ‘dear’ =) This is the woman whom upon seeing her name, James backed off, my boss warned me and Wendy shuddered and asked ‘Is this the woman? That one?’ Thank God that all ended well, and I had my tooth filled too. Had been dreading the visit to the dentist and I’m so glad that it all ended, the training with the dreaded woman and the dentist.
What’s left is the FPO training, more worries than the beginner class! But will be heading to Genting this afternoon for a media planning workshop and the training will be dealt with upon return! (Always enjoy first, then work)

6 comments:
Trips and more trips. Unfair! =(
No more trips already la, back to work, back to reality =(
You've just replied to your own post as Radius and thats me!!!! May I know how did u do it???
Oops, the first Radius is me. Me as in Lee Sue Ann-me. Hhahaha...U dunno how I did it? Try recalling what we were doing at that time and date and that's how la, hahaha..
Hi Sue Ann
Thanks for visiting my piano blog. To get sheet music I have a few sites you can go to but try this for a start. http://www.pianoworld.com/freepianomusic.htm . You'll be spoilt for choice. Have fun!
P/s. Nice blog and fun stories. So true about AirAsia nasi lemak..!
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Teclado e Mouse, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mouse-e-teclado.blogspot.com. A hug.
Post a Comment