Wednesday, April 9, 2008

MEDAL! THE MEDAL!!



I finally got the medal! The medal that I was robbed of from the KL International Marathon. So the stupid bugger told me some stupid shit that there are no medals despite making it into the top 500. Believe this type of buggers and you’d be robbed of what’s rightfully yours. I actually did, cos there was no one else I could speak to but I am so glad that I decided to send an email. Didn’t expect anything out of that email as it is the norm of the government agencies to not reply, so when I got nothing after 3 days and a stupid fcuking answer from the stupid bugger, I accepted my (sad) fate.

2 April 2008

To,
Sue Ann Lee (
sueann.lee@agbnielsen.com)

From.
S. Vegiyathuman (
sportftaaa@hotmail.com)

Dear M/S Sue,

Medals

Your email is being referred please.

As your position is 491 you are entitle for a medal. Kindly make arrangements to collect at your convent time.

I regret on behalf of the medal distributor for the error.

Thank you,

S. Vegiyathuman
Hon. Secretary FTAAA

When I got that email, I was like ‘Woo!’ And hey, the hon. sec said "I regret on behalf of the medal distributor for the error. " (smug) But I didn’t wanna count my chickens before they hatch; I have learnt much from my 23 years of life and I would prefer to count my chickens when they are nicely safe and warm in my arms. When I was told by that FTAAA secretary to come anytime I want to collect it, I still didn’t wanna count my chickens. Chickens could decide to be born prematurely and die. When Timmy left for the OCM office, I still didn’t wanna count my chickens; they could be born full term but get a heart attack later on.

When Timmy called me, my heart was beating very fast. I was out for lunch and my fcuking phone makes me can’t hear a thing. It’s either he had gotten it or that the chickens had run away from home. But there no message from him saying that he had collected it, that it was in his arms. The walk up back to the office was torture, the walk seemed far, the ride up to the 19th floor took eternity and I was wearing my stupid work shoes that were killing my feet. When I got to my desk, I called him and didn’t even say ‘hello’: “Timmy please tell me there’s good news?” all in one breath.

And yes, he got it! The medal is in his hands! My chickens are all hatched, safe, full term, no heart problems and none eloped. Now no one can take it away from me! It is safe, far away from the OCM building and no one can take it away from me.

And here’s a look again at it..Not bragging but just so happy to get what’s rightfully mine in the end.. =) The sweat and tears were not wasted after all!




And oh, Timmy actually called to ask if I wanted him to send over the medal to my office straight away so that I could take a pic and blog it, or just wait til the next morning. Hehe, he knows me best, he knows I’m dying to blog it before I go to Langkawi and I was actually planning to ask him to take a pic and send it online. But I’m not that insane to ask for instant delivery; he had already gone to OCM during lunch to get it for me. Love Timmy! :x

And oh, pardon my chicken story. Rejoicing after just receiving the position card taught me much. You only rejoice when it is already in your hands, safe and warm.

Moral of the story: Fight for your rights.

And to Balan (yeah I managed to get your name, you asshole), screw you! Pursuing this matter in The Star for the trauma, tears and deceit.

Ok, so I didn’t exactly worked hard for the medal. But what the heck, I still finished among the first 500 =) The ones who finished before me were probably walking as well, it was just that they walked faster =D And more, I get to bercinta, whereas they don’t. So why run so fast? Bercinta-lah.. get the same medal what =P

KLIM turned out a good memory after all!

And since it turned out to be a good memory, here's the memorable T-shirt and memorable number, else would have just chucked them somewhere if they weren't memorable.



And the medal again...?

Ok ok, I know I'm annoying hahaha.

*****
Enough of medal stories (and pics =P) More good news to share.. Timmy’s been confirmed and his title’s been changed to Technical Manager. Plus a nice pay hike too. A nice monthly increment that’s more than what I earn from tuition a month. Yay for Timmy! I wanna work hard and be like him too.

But still far for me to get that pay la. Zzz…all my warm warm chicken shit fizzled out already =D

My bro’s been cleared of dengue, my meeting on TV9 issue is done, my conclusion on it was correct and boss wanted my channel share report and work has been fine with no backlogged issues nor stupid variables. Was initially worried bout my bro cos his fever hasn’t subsided after 3 days but the dengue test came out negative. So I can go to Langkawi with my heart at ease! And after that there’s FPO training to conduct where I know no shit on and then the client visits. Bah, but now go to Langkawi in peace first!! Had been a very busy last day of work today as well but all's done, thus this post right before I go home and then, to Langkawi in peace!

No comments: