Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Idyllic life in the kampung

This is the idyllic location.


The first thing you do after waking up in the morning is to sit at the verandah.


Still sleepy and drowsy..



See? I told you it’s an idyllic life.



After enough of fatt ngau tau and losing the blurness from the waking up, you do some light exercises like tai chi or whatever strange exercise that you fancy.



Tired, you go back to the verandah and ponder on your future, your past or just what you wanna do for the day.



You decide to go marketing cos the fridge is almost empty. So you get ready and start looking for your things.



Ah, found it!




So you reverse it out of the wooden shed.



Then after reversing your bike, you do the dance. This dance is a tradition here that the villagers always perform after reversing their bikes.



But here, Uncle missed some steps cos I think he sprained his waist while reversing his bike.

Dance completed, you put on your helmet and wave goodbye!



………….

………

…..

..

Oh I forgot Aunty!



Oh my, how could I forget Aunty!



So I get her and off we go!



I think I feel safer if I ride it..



So off we finally go!



We bought vegetables and fished for food at the nearest jetty. Luck was good that day as we managed to catch a lot of anchovies. Big meal for us tonight!



Ran out of some office wear, so we decided to head to the shopping centre.



Padini, Seed and G2 were only having a sale next week, so we decided to head home and come again next week.



The bike feels light on the way home. I hope nothing’s left behind, not the catch. I waited long for those anchovies! What’s it that’s missing..?



Aunty! I left Aunty behind again! How could I? I’m utterly embarrassed and deeply ashamed of myself..



Darn, I have to repeat the steps again..



Reversed the bike and had to do the stupid dance again..



The road seems never ending when you’re in a hurry to fetch your abandoned wife at the jetty.. She could get washed away by the currents or worse, get picked up by another hunky fisherman!


She got so mad that she locked me out of the house when we got home.. clad only in my towel.

So I pretend that I’m a datuk instead, discussing some building plans while on a holiday. But I’m actually calling up Ah Chien, a fishergirl that I met at the shopping centre earlier.



Yeah she agreed to have me for the night!



Bye, Aunty! You can enjoy your own anchovies tonight!


......

..

.

I love idyllic lives in the kampung..

1 comment:

Radius said...

Obscene to the max :p :p :p