Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What a day to start the new school term…

6.20am : Wake up, determined to beat the traffic to have an early breakfast with dear Timmy

6.35am : Car broke down in the middle of the road in front of TAR Hospital

Yes, just 15 minutes after I woke up, the car broke down.

6.38am : Called Timmy though he is too far away to do anything, cos I really don’t know that to do being stuck in the middle of a main road at an ungodly hour of 6.40am.

6.41am : Called the mechanic, luckily he is up already. A Good Samaritan helped to push the car into the hospital compound cos he said I would be causing a jam. He pushed the car single-handedly, wow…

7.30am : Mechanic arrived and sent bro to school. Quite touched as he didn’t have to, at that peak hour jam and he has just came from that area too. Had I known he was going to Teluk Pulai from Botanic, I would have asked him to pick my bro up half way.

8.15am : Back to Bukit Tinggi to pick up the delivered distributor. No one knew of the existence of such a part in their cars. Since the mechanic can only leave his shop at 9 when his worker arrives, I head home to sleep, sleepy and traumatised.

9.20am : Leave to fix the distributor at the car left at the hospital.

9.45am : Done but had to go back to the mechanic’s shop to do the timing.

10.15am : Finally done and off to work.

11.00am : Had to go up to the 3rd floor of the multi-storey carpark. The engine stalled cos the clutch wasn’t balanced. Then a queue formed on the slope up to the next floor and I had to stop on the slope. That’s when I started to go weak. Despite 6 years of driving, I still have trouble making the car move forward after stopping on a steep slope. The bloody engine died. Fcuk. I’m certainly in no mood for this and there was a car right behind me. Slide back and I’m totally fcuked. But yeah, I restarted the engine and did it, no sloping back. Phew.

11.10am : Have no time to catch my breath before being whisked off to boss’ room for a short meeting on bloody ratecards that don’t tally since last week. I have no head and no tail on what was the issue since morn, so I just entered the room and given another set of stuff to check. Urgh..

12.30pm : Ta pau-ed lunch and checked the ratecard conversion factor. Turns out that there was a wrong factor and a few wrong channel codes. Did some other queries and managed to get a half hour of rest by surfing for jobs and reading the news.

2.30pm: Meeting on new version. 1 query pending for boss’ approval and another being run by a stupid slow laptop.

5.00pm : Meeting ended. Turned out that I left the laptop uncharged and it has conked off. Took half an hour to restart it, can you believe that?

5.30pm : Start running FPO that is super slow and ask Wendy for some figures. Finally called the client to say that there’d be a delay, who said that I could actually do it tomorrow. How thoughtful =) Replied the other email and off I head home.

6.00pm : Head home, late by normal standards. Feel sad and frustrated and badly need a hug =(

Why is it that my car gives trouble at this time when prices of stuff all go up? I just spent 1k on repairs that still gives me sounds from the back despite spending that much. Now the distributor and then the mechanic informs me that I have to change some cables too. When you draft a blog, you have to post it the very next day or else things will change and that draft will be irrelevant. That is why I have 2 unpublished posts. One was saying that there is no reason why I should feel poor, and there was the fuel hike the very next day. Another was saying that I feel totally burnt out but after a 13-hour sleep marathon and a few classes off the next few days, I felt rejuvenated.

Actually, after calculating how much extra would I have to spend using the ‘petrol calculator’ that has been circulating via email these few days, it turns out that I will spend an extra RM30 monthly (after deduction of the RM625 subsidy). Doesn’t seem so bad since I already save RM30 per month on phone reloads =P And we are no longer eating the most expensive brand of rice anymore, mum said she cannot tahan. Thought I am the one who is not supposed to tahan? Hmm…

I’m on the lookout to switch jobs as well as to look for another part-time job. The switch was already planned before the fuel hike and now it is even more inevitable. I wanna go to banking but I don’t exactly know what I wanna do. Something like operations, I guess. No marketing of loans, mortgages or credit cards and no credit recovery. But that’s all I ever see in the ads. I don’t wanna start as a management trainee as well cos that would be wasting a year of my time and I would have ‘graduated’ by now. Initially I thought Subang is still ok but after the hike, I’m only going to work in Klang. Now I think searching for the ultimate job is going to be a task, and it’s not even a dream job. Sigh..

On a lighter note, I found it highly amusing when the mechanic’s 3-year-old daughter climbed onto my lap on the way back to the mechanic’s shop. She’s only seen me a couple of times but I doubt she recognizes me. Suddenly she is in my lap and leaning against me like I’m her mother =D So I decided to take a pic cos I was amused… =)




I feel motherly, hahaha


Back at the shop, she asked me if I have the energy to carry her. So cute! Then she climbs onto a motorbike and asked me to hop on, saying she wanna fetch me somewhere. Refusing to do so, she has no choice but to make herself ‘at home’..



When it was time to go and fix my car at the hospital, she became so attached, clutched my fingers and asked me not to go. So mengharukan =D Then she just opened the car door, climbed in and followed us to go fix my car. Once there when her dad was busy with my car, she climbed to the front seat, switch on the CD player, removed the CD inside, dug through her father’s CD collection saying that she wants to listen to something else, found what she wanted, removed the CD from the sleeve, breathed some air onto the CD, rubbed in on her shirt and inserted it. So cute! Like a mak nenek, heaving onto the CD and rubbing in onto her shirt.

And what song started to play? Chinese New Year songs! That was why Timmy heard loud CNY songs in the background when he called me =D

Mak nenek wearing one cap to the front and another to the back

Shikin asked if I paid the Good Samaritan for pushing the car. When I said I didn't, she said 'Aiyooo..!!' Well, I didn't ask him to push it, he was the one who wanted to. And with the bad economy now, no need to pay lah! =D

And when all fails, nothing is better than knowing that I have a boyfriend who loves me so much and whom I love so much as well =) I love being baby sue, baby princess or darling. Being baby sue is the nicest in the world!

This cake can only be eaten by me cos I am Baby Princess Sue!


Last weekend I had a nice bercinta session as well. It’s not that all previous ones were not nice but it seems that we haven’t really gone out for some time, probably due to my tkd classes. It was nice just walking hand in hand =)



2 comments:

sereneione said...

You'd be surprised at how intelligent little kids actually are. They know more than you think they'd know at their age. Haha.

aehknum said...

you're back! and its, sweet =) (despite the car breakdowns, look on the positive side -- if not, that kid wont get to bermanja with you)

Have a great day!