Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Eventful October and a wedding

October seems busy. I don't usually have things planned out for the month in advance, and afraid that one of it will slip my mind.

3 Oct: Date with Timmy for the 1st time in many weeks
4 Oct: HPC in Sepang
7 Oct: Diabetes intro to new colleagues
8 Oct: Hep B & C intro to new colleagues, HBV Malaysia & Thailand presentation to Nick and Achileas
10 Oct: Granduncle's wedding dinner
13 Oct: Free movie redemption
24 Oct: Vee's engagement dinner

Okie, now I feel more organised although I've written the list down many times =)

So, during the long weekend of 4 days, I entertained myself by going for a wedding. Oh no, it sounds as though it was for entertainment purposes. Well, I don't have anything to do as well.

It was the 1st time I've been to a full wedding ceremony. Come to think of it, I've never seen the tea ceremony for a long time and have never seen the chi mui thingy. So, I was there through it all: the bachelor party, chi mui thingy and the dinner. Almost all of the chi mui thingy. I escaped after the bride was picked up and I didn't follow to the groom's place and to their new house.

I think that the whole chi mui idea is crap. I told Suet countless times that if I was made head chi mui, I would open the door and say to the groom, “Nah, take your bride la”. Suet said she would do so for my wedding and worse, she asked me to wait outside the gate for the groom’s arrival. Now, that would be too desperate :D I dunno, the idea of the games the chi mui play just make me shiver with geli-ness. Could actually feel the wave of electrifying geli-ness run down my arms.

Chi muis are capable of thinking things that I would have never thought of in my entire life. That day, we played these games/tricks on the entourage (in order of occurrence):
1. drinking a concoction of Milo and raw eggs
2. roll an egg up the pants of one leg and down the other
3. dance the Macarena
4. get the house key out of a block of ice
5. singing
6. poem recital

Never mind that the poem was written in English and the groom couldn’t read. He repeated after a photographer who read the poem to him line by line. How humiliating for a man on his wedding day.




Groom being made a fool of himself dancing the Macarena and having a 'brother' help him with the egg stuck at his crotch

How apt, Kenny Sia has a post on the chi mui thingy he attended. His was way worse: leg waxing, wasabi sandwiches, men kiss men and this:


Men trying to burst the balloons on their friends' butts using their crotches. Basically, it's a 'I-hump-your-ass' motion


Although I must admit that it is hilarious, I wouldn’t want to see my husband diperbodohkan like that. We are grown ups and surely we have smarter things to laugh at?

Now, am I plain boring or what?

So, my dear sistahs, you are spared the agony of thinking on the bachelor night what to play, to use a boiled egg or a raw one, whether to bring the egg from home or boil it at the bride’s home, when to freeze the ice, all that jazz..

I’m just gonna do it with style and dignity. To get married in class and elegance with no stupidity and no one be made a fool of themselves. Just get out the door, have the banquet, wham bam thank you very much :D And yeah, no humongous large can-can dresses, just a slim one. Gosh, I’m even thinking about the yum seng part. But it’s a toast right? Oh, we can have the toast in English: “Here’s to everlasting happiness” “CHEERS!!” Here’s to many children” “CHEERS!!” See, it works right? Once again, style and class bwahaha!

And this is certain: There will be NO singing whatsoever at my wedding. Anyone going on the stage to sing is gonna be shot dead. I tell you, it was singing non-stop that whole night. We had to shout to each other to be heard. It was that freakin annoying. Not only it was loud and stupid singing, but of course, it had to be in Hokkien. Na is wa wu jit pak ban. I shove that jit pak ban up his ass. Well, banquets in KL don't usually have singing anyway. This scene below will NEVER happen at my wedding.


I'll shove his gloves up his ass, then his mouth.

Oh, but I must say that the belly-dancing ah soh at the end was very tantalising. Twice, my jelly dropped when I turned to look at her performance. The 1st jelly ended up in the bowl of tong shui, the 2nd on the floor :D Damn, that ah soh was a 'hot' hoochi-mama!!

No comments: