Friday, November 27, 2009

Big Bad Wolf book sale

I had anticipated a crowd based on the 5k people who thronged the place the day before although it was a working day, but I had not expected this. The queue, omg! If I was alone, I would have gone home. Ahyee said the same too.


See how long it was, from where we were standing. The entrance is on the left hand side of the pic. It went round all 4 corners of the quadrangle! We joined the queue at 10.30am.

15 mins later, we were here:



Don't get too happy yet. The queue doesn't go straight to the entrance behind the pillar. Instead, it goes right into the corridor beside that toy shop. Gosh!


Ok now, we have bypassed the shop into that corridor. Look what look, woman!

This is the view after we have made the U-turn moving out of that corridor. We were finally in the last section of that queue!


The view of the sale as we stood outside at the final segment, waiting to be let in.


Wah, I was so thrilled when we were allowed to step in. I had already vowed to buy a lot to make up for the time spent queuing :D Books at the Star Buy section were 5 bucks, even for hardcovers! I told my mum I am exhilarated!

But I managed prudence. I grabbed whatever that caught my eyes, only to have filtering sessions before paying. Not one, but 2 filtering sessions, one of them done steps away from the cashier :D Eliminated 4 books in those processes, prudence prudence and not letting get the low prices of books get into my head...

Result: 15 books!

Woot woot!!

But here are only the Lee family's, ahyees have taken theirs. Not all of this 15 are mine though, I think I would have fainted if all were mine. Only these were mine:


Mine: 6 books
Mum’s: 2 books
Bro’s: 2 books
Ahyee Rita’s: 2 books
Fat ahyee’s: 2 books

I am the winner!
Checking back Big Bad Wolf Books' site after I came back (the site couldn't be accessed yesterday due to too much traffic), I realised that Pandora's Daughter was retailing for RM69.90! And I know that the Chicken Soup for the Soul series are like RM69.90 too. Weeee!!

Actually, there weren’t many by well-known authors. Maybe they have been sold out since I saw Jeffery Archer and John Grisham on their site. Not their fan, though. The only names I recognised were Nora Roberts, Meg Cabot, James Patterson and Tami Hoag. Heck, I didn’t even know that Katie Price has started writing books! Her name was familiar, I thought she might be some author I don't recognise, and then I saw ‘Jordan’ at the bottom of the book. Gosh, that big breasted model ex-wife of Peter Andre is now a writer??

And I didn't expect the queue to move that well. 1 hour for that length is not bad, was expecting 1.5 hours. It doesn't seem so bad when you have 2 other people queuing together and talking talking. Quite frustrating thing was that when we came out at 1.15pm, the queue was only right up to the entrance. If I knew, we would have came then, saved 45 mins of queuing.

Then, in today's paper, there is this guy and his daughter who spent RM100 at a nearby bookshop thinking it was that sale. How stupid, how could they miss such a huge crowd? Memang there were 2 2nd hand bookshops nearby that sales area but aiyo, this guy spent 100 bucks for used book when I got all mine brand new for the same price!

No comments: