I’m in love. It’s not that it’s only now that I realize that I’m in love but how much love I am in. There is just so much contentment in being with your partner, though not saying or doing anything. His mere presence is enough. The sight of him sitting in front of you makes you feel elated and fulfilled that nothing else matters in the world. There is a light-headed feeling (literally) that blurs everything around you and it’s like being in your own world where love is all around and only you and you partner exist. Yes, this happens, not only in love stories, I can attest to that. I am that in love =)
I was overwhelmed on Valentine’s night, but not by those expensive gifts or exorbitant dinners. Timmy’s verbal expression of love, coupled with the ambience of the restaurant, the experience, the thoughts and efforts put in and the occasion itself, were touching enough to make tears well in my eyes. Call me emotional but this is the first time I’ve had someone express his love for me verbally. The sincerity and weight of those words were just so overwhelming. Was trying hard to hold the tears but they just well up and cloud my sight =)
I don’t know if it’s just me or the Asian culture to be shy at expressing feelings verbally. We don’t say ‘I love you’ to our partners or hug friends. Guess with Timmy not being born and bred here, he’s been westernised already. Used to think what’s the hype with those ‘3 words’ or ‘143’ but now when said with every meaning from the heart, it is so special. Was previously shy at saying it but getting better already, can even write poems and not ashamed to let the world know I’m in love =) Timmy-tised already =)
Anyway, we had dinner at Armada Hotel for Valentine. The ambience was nice and the menu had love-themed names. It was sweet and romantic =) Timmy’s opinion on Valentine is that it is necessary to celebrate the day, or else it would be boring for the relationship as time passed. If we hadn’t, it is also unlikely that we would be having such a dinner in our daily schedules. Which concludes to, a special occasion or something different now and then will spark up the relationship. He did mention before that things must be done to keep the flame burning in a relationship. Trust Timmy to have this kind of thoughts.
I agree. For me, Valentine is a day to commemorate our love. Yes, people say that you shouldn’t shower your attention, affections and gifts on just Valentine, it could/ should be done on any other day. Well, to me it’s a special day to dedicate the day to love. I mean, you can’t go out and celebrate your love every single week or month right? Jiin said that when you are in love, everyday is Valentine. Aww.. But if everyday was Valentine, it’d be boring too, have no significance, will be broke too =D and I’d be lacking from fluids and sodium due to flowing tears everyday =D Couples have this special day to remind them of their love and to appreciate it as well as have a day set aside for those who have always caught up with other priorities. It doesn’t have to be something grand or exorbitant; else it would be considered commercialised and overrated instead. Imagine paying up to RM600 per couple for just dinner? It’s the price of a whole table for 10 for a Chinese 10-course dinner yet I doubt there would be any sharks’ fin, abalone, birds’ nest, caviar or truffles for 2 there. You are just being taken advantage of. The most important is that time is spent together and the existence and company is treasured.
I’m into quality time together now. I’m contented with just sitting in the car together having a chat or even sitting in total silence, enjoying the very existence of the one you love beside you. This might be the reason why I still feel ‘unfulfilled’ despite spending the whole day together at malls. Endless walking, tired feet and not having the chance for closeness or the opportunity to chat. Timmy always said that it doesn’t matter where we end up, he just wanna spend time with me and hold my hand. Yes, I agree too and don’t really bother where we head to nowadays, where else previously I would always wanna head to some mall faraway a.k.a attracted by materialistic possessions =D Last weekend was spent watching a movie together, walking hand in hand at the pasar malam (Timmy’s first since coming back to Malaysia), lots of eating and drinking in the parked car and finally spending time at the seaside enjoying the breeze, view and each others’ company. I loved it so much. I call this Quality Together-Time (Timmy argued it’s ‘quality time together’ but to me, there is a difference in meaning. It’s still QTT anyway, not going to argue here) Just simple wants, there is no need for Mid Valley, Pyramid, The Curve, 1U, Jusco Bukit Tinggi or Jusco Bukit Raja.
I was overwhelmed on Valentine’s night, but not by those expensive gifts or exorbitant dinners. Timmy’s verbal expression of love, coupled with the ambience of the restaurant, the experience, the thoughts and efforts put in and the occasion itself, were touching enough to make tears well in my eyes. Call me emotional but this is the first time I’ve had someone express his love for me verbally. The sincerity and weight of those words were just so overwhelming. Was trying hard to hold the tears but they just well up and cloud my sight =)
I don’t know if it’s just me or the Asian culture to be shy at expressing feelings verbally. We don’t say ‘I love you’ to our partners or hug friends. Guess with Timmy not being born and bred here, he’s been westernised already. Used to think what’s the hype with those ‘3 words’ or ‘143’ but now when said with every meaning from the heart, it is so special. Was previously shy at saying it but getting better already, can even write poems and not ashamed to let the world know I’m in love =) Timmy-tised already =)
Anyway, we had dinner at Armada Hotel for Valentine. The ambience was nice and the menu had love-themed names. It was sweet and romantic =) Timmy’s opinion on Valentine is that it is necessary to celebrate the day, or else it would be boring for the relationship as time passed. If we hadn’t, it is also unlikely that we would be having such a dinner in our daily schedules. Which concludes to, a special occasion or something different now and then will spark up the relationship. He did mention before that things must be done to keep the flame burning in a relationship. Trust Timmy to have this kind of thoughts.
I agree. For me, Valentine is a day to commemorate our love. Yes, people say that you shouldn’t shower your attention, affections and gifts on just Valentine, it could/ should be done on any other day. Well, to me it’s a special day to dedicate the day to love. I mean, you can’t go out and celebrate your love every single week or month right? Jiin said that when you are in love, everyday is Valentine. Aww.. But if everyday was Valentine, it’d be boring too, have no significance, will be broke too =D and I’d be lacking from fluids and sodium due to flowing tears everyday =D Couples have this special day to remind them of their love and to appreciate it as well as have a day set aside for those who have always caught up with other priorities. It doesn’t have to be something grand or exorbitant; else it would be considered commercialised and overrated instead. Imagine paying up to RM600 per couple for just dinner? It’s the price of a whole table for 10 for a Chinese 10-course dinner yet I doubt there would be any sharks’ fin, abalone, birds’ nest, caviar or truffles for 2 there. You are just being taken advantage of. The most important is that time is spent together and the existence and company is treasured.
I’m into quality time together now. I’m contented with just sitting in the car together having a chat or even sitting in total silence, enjoying the very existence of the one you love beside you. This might be the reason why I still feel ‘unfulfilled’ despite spending the whole day together at malls. Endless walking, tired feet and not having the chance for closeness or the opportunity to chat. Timmy always said that it doesn’t matter where we end up, he just wanna spend time with me and hold my hand. Yes, I agree too and don’t really bother where we head to nowadays, where else previously I would always wanna head to some mall faraway a.k.a attracted by materialistic possessions =D Last weekend was spent watching a movie together, walking hand in hand at the pasar malam (Timmy’s first since coming back to Malaysia), lots of eating and drinking in the parked car and finally spending time at the seaside enjoying the breeze, view and each others’ company. I loved it so much. I call this Quality Together-Time (Timmy argued it’s ‘quality time together’ but to me, there is a difference in meaning. It’s still QTT anyway, not going to argue here) Just simple wants, there is no need for Mid Valley, Pyramid, The Curve, 1U, Jusco Bukit Tinggi or Jusco Bukit Raja.
My Valentine
Love is so beautiful.
2 comments:
You pic IS showing your third finger unlike mine.. it's showing my second finger :D :D
I love you too princess :) :)
Yeah but same la, we still gave each other the 'finger' =D
Post a Comment