It is a happy day after all. Boss is away, tomorrow's a holiday and I think everything is well for now. Dunno which is the best part, tomorrow being a holiday or that boss is away. Think it's the 'BB is away' part. BB=Bloody Bitch. The big slob of meat is gone til Friday!! Her boobs are so big that they are distracting, cos they are gonna pop out of her spaghetti top. So obscene.
Life can't be happier, can it? Tomorrow's a holiday!! So damn steam!! *grinning from ear to ear*
And I haven't done a single thing since morn =) Did some stuff la, but basically enjoying my short freedom and happiness.
So since I'm in a mood, I wanna post some stuff that have been sitting around in my Blog Drafts folder. It contains a collection of things typed but not posted, due to various reasons: no opportunity to, no mood to or just plain incomplete thoughts. But today I got a chance to blog!
So damn steam, beh tahan.
So, the topic of today is..
What a (good) mother I will be
Being in the teaching profession for 2 years (che-wah!) and from life experience, I have seen enough to make me know and determine what kinda mother I want to be.
A. I will not send my kids for classes on weekends
Okie, maybe at most 1. That also has to be a recreational one like piano or tkd or guitar or drums. No tuition classes on weekends. Kids need a rest. And mums and dads too. We all need a day to sleep in without waking up in a panic thinking you’ve overslept. We should have a proper family day of dim sum breakfast and then shopping.
B. I will not send my kids for tuition
Because I known how stupid tuition centres are. And also partly because my kids are intelligent enough as inherited from their mother :D
Kids of all ages are clumped together in one class. Kids coming to learn science, BM, maths and English are clumped together too. If that wasn’t bad enough, wait til you know how the teacher is like *blush* My brother does as well as his friends who goes for tuition, so I think tuition isn’t really necessary. But then it also depends on the kid and the role (and genes) the parents have.
With that, I the tuition teacher mother shall teach my kids. If I’m tired (which I foresee or most of the time), daddy will take over. And I’ll teach the tkd and piano too but only how to play pop songs. Beethoven, Mozart, Chopin and Tchaikovsky are too boring for mummy and I’ll know you’ll all go running everywhere as soon as mummy’s head touches the keyboard.
C. I will not put pressure on my kids in primary school
I want them to enjoy their childhood. I don’t want them to be nerds who know nothing except books. This is the time when their brains absorb best to learn all sorts of things. I don’t even want them to know that there is a UPSR at the end of their primary schooling years. I just want the UPSR to be a test of their knowledge obtained naturally without pressure or force. Let the primary years be stress-free, because after that it’s gonna be totally work!
D. I will not let my kids play stupid games
Those stupid games at the arcade, where you dance or beat the drums, are totally stupid. Heck, there is not even a proper tune that you drum to. If they wanna play games, PS3 is fine :D Ask daddy to get you one (it would be PS6 already by then) or a Wii or something. If you wanna play games, do it with class and not stupidity or yeh-ness. HOTD is strongly encouraged. Warcraft and other small-creatures-bashing-each-othergames are disallowed. If you wanna play bashing games, play those from up close and not aerial view.
E. I will not let my children eat junk
Despite their mother eating lots of it. Will not introduce junk to the household and no excessive buying of chips at the supermarket. Chocolates are ok though. But not too much of restriction as I’ve seen kids so desperate that they steal and eat sweets from the floor (and from another person’s mouth!).
Oh, the sight of someone eating sweets he ran after and taken from someone’s mouth, were classics! Never been so exhilarated and tickled; it was truly a classic. I hate to admit how evil I was but I laughed like a mad sadist when Empty accepted a sweet from Eu Jie’s mouth and ate it! =D =D
F. I will play an active role in my children’s education and not just shove the responsibility to the teachers and pay the fees.
I hope.
G. I will not give in to tantrums
Nigel and Nelson can cry and kick for all they want at the supermarket but I’m just gonna walk off and then they’d follow when they see mummy’s not going to choi them. I won’t pester, plead or force them to eat too. Tak nak makan, sudah. They will eat when they are hungry eventually.
H. I will not have too many children
Cos I want to give the kids my undivided attention. Actually I was thinking, how could I split my attention ad time into 2? Having just 1 would mean that he’s getting all the best. But having 2 means each of them is only getting 50%? So, I think 2 is the max. Having 3 would be like rabbits
Edit: I. I will dress my kids in Nike shoes
I wanted to say this but somehow got lost somewhere. Only remembered after Timmy commented involving shoes. Those little Nikes are all so adorable *gushing gushing* Who cares if they can only wear them for a month? Daddy is rich what!
I want my kids to learn because they want to, not for exams. They can take tkd, piano, ballet or whatever they fancy as long as they want it and finish it. I don’t really believe in ballet, art classes and ice-skating classes and if they wanna do tkd, they better get their poom belt by the age of 10. I dunno how on earth I took 5 years to get mine.
I would want my kids to attend either private school or Chinese school. I’m not saying that national schools are bad but I realize how important Chinese is and I don’t want them to be like their mother. Since we are speaking English at home, they’d have a benefit and thus can be an all-rounder and top student in class! In the best class, M-class of course.
Timmy was right in that kids should be exposed to stuff at a young age to let them explore their options and fields of interests. Then, by 16 they can already have a headstart in pursuing their careers instead of lingering in F4.
Last one, in-laws shall not interfere with the upbringing of my children. Advice and opinion are ok but not enforcing your rules and beliefs on them. I shall teach and send them to wherever I wish. In-laws have had their share 30 years ago. What they believe in and wanna impose is probably from 30 years ago as well. My mum will surely not interfere; in fact she has already said that she don’t wanna take care of my kids. So I need to get a Saroja to watch my kids and clean my hamsters.
With that, I am on route to becoming an ibu mithali.
5 comments:
I'm just wondering... waking up in the morning.. shower... put on my Puma race shoes... shirt and jeans... pack lunch for Nigel / Nelson... wake them up... ask them to get ready... helping them to put on their Puma shoes and then drive to Sepang to enjoy half day full track with the kids. Come back home.. take the whole family (Mummy and Norah) to cinema and jalan jalan. Ah.. what a life.. at night.. we read books together and helping the kids with the vocabs on Reader's Digest... probably do car talk with Nigel / Nelson.. and then get them ready for tomorrow class... what a life... :D :D
got pic of bb's boobies? :D
Puma Drift Cat shoes!! Then they can ride their buggy and 'fly up to the sky!!' =D And after they come back, they change into their little Nikes and off we go! Aww...
Lor Lawrence, I thought you wanna share something on parenting but want BB's boobs instead. See already wanna puke. Cos she's fat, so that's why they are big. They're puky, not sexy =D Someone said that when we are so cold in the office, can put our hands on her breasts =D Uwek!
urgh... the edit for Nike shoes is kinda... well... u know...daddy is not that rich.. got house mortgage.. second sport car.. and probably third sport car... helmet will be expensive dy... car modifications... wallau wei...
Hello, got so many sports cars, cannot buy a pair of Nikes for your sons ah? Same price as Drift Cat what. Later they dun have gaya, how?
Post a Comment