Yes, as expected, it’s fallen back onto me. If you want to delay and apply at the very last minute, do so without troubling everyone. Send 1 bloody application and trouble the whole family, without him feeling the strain or pressure at all. Mother initiates the application, develop the photos, certify the certs, put together the documents and me gets all the brunt and yelling.
She wrote a strange cover letter with bullet points in it; I corrected it.
She asked who has been a secretary before? Have I written any letters before?
She was a secretary 17 years ago. I’ve applied for scholarships, jobs, part-time jobs and I’m still in the work force sending out emails every day.
She screamed at me saying that the whole letter is useless, full of grammatical mistakes! Yes, I admit there were mistakes. I missed out a comma and an article ‘a’. The others, just because you don't agree with me on how it sounded, you screamed.
I told him before he went to school that headmasters of any school can certify the certs. Yesterday I was accused of not saying so. I asked him, “I told you before you went right? Headmasters and Commissioner of Oaths can certify?” and he kept quiet.
I don't want to have anything to do anymore with this. She said that I keep blaming him. Why shouldn’t I do so? The fucking bloody scholarship was announced in Jan! You start applying 5 days before the closing date! When applications have to be sent via Poslaju, it shows that there is something wrong with you.
1 more that I want to state: He is interested to do law, yet doesn't want to go for the law education fair tomorrow. If there is an education fair specifically for the field that I want to do, I would feel so lucky. Career talks, participating unis, scholarships, everything would be there, organised by one of the best law schools.
How can I help someone who doesn't want to help himself? Is he interested or not? I want to let him be, but yes I would bear the brunt of it someday.
And this is just the 2nd scholarship. Not that there is a high chance of getting any anyway. I can rattle off Bank Negara, Khazanah, Shell, Honda, The Sun, Sime Darby and local U and JPA and not any has been applied for since he finished his exams. Maybe yes, in the last few days before the closing date. There is nothing more that I can do, I’ve already did all I can but people need to help themselves. I’m not paying his fees, so I shouldn’t bother.
No comments:
Post a Comment