So I went for the government sector entrance test, specifically for the post of Pegawai Tadbir dan Diplomatik (PTD). I decided to go because WW (Whiner Woman) at the office said she wanna apply for it and I felt so dumb that they called me last year and I didn’t even go. These are the highest posts in the public sector and report to the KSU. Purportedly very powerful especially when they are the District Officer and get to travel everywhere. That’s one part that was extremely enticing.
But before that, you have to go for some PAC which includes 2.4km runs in 12 minutes, fire brigade and police cadet training.
The flow is (as far as I remember): Test --> PAC --> Interview --> Diploma (9 months) and then you get posted anywhere they want to chuck you to. There is a PTD Unggul process but I don't remember where that fits into.
Anyway, the purpose of this is to share how ridiculous some of the sahsiah questions are. But we must be patient and start from the beginning first.
Bahagian 1, Seksyen A
Pengetahuan am, 50 questions, 40 mins
This was the part that I was worried about the most. I only read the top news in The Star. Govt stuff doesn't interest me. So I had to spend 2 days at the office reading up on dasar kerajaan, 9 Rancangan Malaysia’s, 1Malaysia, GTP and all those Dewan Rakyat and bidang kuasa kerajaan negeri dan pusat stuff.
I got stumped at:
• Who founded Google – sounds easy but I got stuck. Shaun said Microsoft owns Google. If they do, then why have Google Chrome when there is already IE? That was what I was thinking.
• The social networking site that is accessible from space - I said it was Twitter =P
• I got confused with the slogan for 1Malaysia. I got the answer right, and then changed it cos I recalled it was GTP’s instead. And then later realised that 1Malaysia and GTP has the same slogan?? Grr.. since school days, I have always told myself not to change the answer, to follow the 1st instincts
• ASEAN Free Trade – bugger this. It came out last year, I didn’t expect it to come out again and I didn’t bother finding out what it was!
Other stuff asked was which is an OS (not, stupid Open Office isn't), some mahkamah stuff and those NKRAs that I’ve already read. Not too bad overall.
Bahagian 1, Seksyen B
Penyelesaian masalah (Maths), 40 questions, 45 mins
I had already read that time is extremely limited for this. So as soon as I got it, I boom boom pow. It was really boom boom pow. No calculators allowed and had to count manually at lightning speed. Questions were long too. I mean if this Maths teacher had to use lightning speed to finish 40 SPM Maths questions with some sweat, I think the others will be left with their mouths open :D Not fair that the invigilators waited for some people to finish shading when the time was up. A girl I met complaint there wasn’t enough time too. Well, do your homework and read forums earlier on then =)
Bahagian 1, Seksyen C
Kefahaman BM dan BI, 40 questions, 45 mins
I was a little surprised that they asked us to find synonyms for ‘abate’ and ‘abash’. I wasn’t too sure of the meanings but I guessed from the sentence hehe. The paper was easy; it was easy to pick the answer from the given options. Finished it and managed to take a 10min nap (really fell asleep). Cool!
Bahagian 1, Seksyen D
Esei BM, 300 – 500 words, 1 hour
My 2nd concern. The topics given were tough.
1. How to increase food yield so that we don't have to rely so much on imports
2. Discuss the lack of patriotism among our youth
3. How to implement GTP
I don't have the points to write on! Hey if I know how to implement GTP, I can be the PM la. How to increase the amount of paddy we grow, the cows, goats and pigs we breed and the amount of eggs the chickens poot out daily? I don't know!
So I wrote on why is patriotism lacking and how we can tackle it. I think I did alright; I used a lot of bombastic words, not even sure if they were appropriate :D
Bahagian 1, Seksyen E
Esei BI, 200 - 300 words, 1 hour
Not fair, half the length and in 1 hour still. Choices:
1. Discuss the potential dangers of social networking sites that the public underestimates
2. How to improve unity (boring.. I would be talking about the same points from the BM essay)
3. I forgot what it was!
The dangers option would probably be the most common choice and I wanted to do something different, but I don't know the points to write. So I went with networking anyway; the rest can’t write as well as I do anyway :D
I’m damn cocky huh? :D Well, especially since I run an article writing ‘business’. I even gave both my essays (catchy) titles!
Exceeded 300 words in half an hour, felt guilty and decided to read through and then I slept for 15 mins. Sleeping is such a fun thing to do.
Bahagian 2, Seksyen A
Sahsiah, 200 questions, 40 mins
This is crazy! This was something like a personality test, except some of the questions were to test how angelic/devilish you are.
Answer whether you sangat bersetuju, bersetuju, tidak tahu, kadang-kadang or tidak pernah:
• Sekali-sekala anda suka mengumpat – wtf, who doesn't? And who would admit?
• Anda tidak sesekali berbohong
• Anda akan membayar denda walaupun berpeluang melepaskan diri – of course I didn’t admit to not paying all the MPK summons that I got for parking AT my house
• Anda menyumpah seseorang – now this is hilarious!!
• Kita boleh melanggar lampu isyarat merah sekali-sekala
And other stupid questions like if you cry when watching a sad scene, whether you will be beremosi if ditinggalkan kekasih.. wtf, 200 questions of those!
I thought those questions listed above were highly amusing!
Bahagian 2, Seksyen B
Minat, 227 questions, 20 mins
Hello, it takes time to shade 227 questions, you know. Rushing like mad to read and shade. Ask me stupid questions like if I am interested in 227 types of jobs and activities like woodwork, repairing TVs..
So let’s see if I pass. Looking at the way how people work in the govt, by polishing one’s shoes and fanning one’s ass, I don't like it. Too much smiling to do all day. And then there’s the so many more training and interviews to pass; this is only the 1st hurdle. And I gotta work in the govt til I retire just so that I can get the pension which is one of the main reasons of interest. We’ll see.. Btw, I’ll be going to LONDON again maybe in August. Not gonna give up LONDON for the whatever post! (maybe PTDs get to travel but much later, maybe to Lubnan or Islamabad as what I read in the forum lol)
No comments:
Post a Comment