Miracle pic. You’ll never get to see this on normal days as you can see the jam ahead up from the Hilton exit. Couldn’t resist taking a pic. It’s such a lovely sight.
Why do I always look for trouble?
Yeah my mum asks me this as well. The latest addition is: Let’s put it this way, I’ve never had a high regard for media people. Cos to me, media is one industry that we can do without. And from there, those advertising/media/design people with weird hairdo and dressing from spoilt brat places like The One, Saito and Limkokwing don’t seem very important nor brilliant to me either. Yeah, ‘creative’ people I guess. They come for training in singlets and mini skirts and then complain it’s cold. Cos I blast the air-cond. Not to freeze them on purpose but I’m in front there talking, sweating and trying to spew my knowledge.
So I don’t think media is my calling, though it is an interesting line and we get to go for makan, shows and award nights =) Hey I even appeared on tv! Ok, now this is not the direction where this post is supposed to be heading. Ok, so I don’t think media is my calling yet I went for an interview at my client’s place. Always wanna play look-see and if they wanna pay me 150% what I’m earning right now, why not? Just go for more makan right? =D But after not getting the job (probably cos I wanted a 50% increase with only 9 months experience and cos I sucked as well), they offered another post deeper into the media line (media planner-always overworked and high turnover) and I agreed to go for the interview again despite not having any interest at all. At this juncture Timmy went ‘hai la baby’ already. I find it hard refusing people on the phone and they are gonna get pissed if I have no interest when I showed some =D
Anyway, gonna call them later to tell them I’m not coming for the interview. Uptown is a stupid place to work in, takes 50 minutes to move a 100m distance. Stupid. I don’t wanna play look-see anymore. I said this a few days ago, and then agreed for another interview a few days later, that’s why I got hai la-ed from Timmy haha. Must have at least 50% interest if wanna do this again =)
*****
Appreciation
“But you don’t know what you got til it’s gone” -Counting Crows feat. Michelle Branch-
Before I went for the interview, I started to think if the new company has Internet access and if I could go back at 5.30 sharp everyday. Internet is very important to me! MS updates her blog too and looks for food reviews (so yau kooi), James is always checking his Facebook and Shikin is now busy downloading songs using the intitle thingy from Tim. I think of May Ling who only has company email and I think I will die of boredom. I think they know that we don’t have much work, so they gave us unlimited access to entertain us. Even if I had no Internet here, I still have 60 days worth of programmes from 6 channels to watch. How entertained I am! And I leave sharp at 5.30 most of the time, my colleagues are fun to be with and there isn’t much workload. So I must appreciate it for the time being, by making the most out of it =)
*****
My brother will not be deprived of anything that other kids have. If he wants branded shoes, watches, clothes, a better handphone or tuition like any other kids has, then he will have it. I will willingly let him have those cos I see it as a necessity as part of growing up and fitting in. But the sensible him doesn’t want any of those. But he wants to go for the F1 instead. F1 is not the average kid’s fare! He will also have whatever he wants to pursue, all those that I didn’t get to. But that doesn’t mean that I will be paying for his education. He’d better get a JPA scholarship or something.
*****
God helps in many ways
There was once in uni when I thought I left something in the car, so I went to get it. That was when I saw that the headlights were switched on. It’s a wonder isn’t it? I remember that it was on a Friday, when I would be very eager to go home after a whole week at uni. Imagine how frustrating it would be if I were to finish all the classes for the week, only to find the battery had died? And turns out that whatever I wanted to take was in my bag all along. It really is a miracle, not a coincidence but God’s way of telling me.
Another was when I didn’t receive some high tea voucher I won. It had gone missing for 2 months, being sent and returned to both my house and office. I would be heading there as well but the voucher hadn’t come and I don’t wanna make another trip all the way there just to utilize it. And turns out that just the day before heading there, the voucher came! See, God didn’t want me to make another 1 hour drive there to use it. Marvelous cos it was gone for 2 months, really didn’t expect it to come at the very last day.
Every time Kimora Lee is faced with some obstacles, she speaks aloud to God asking for His help and says that she actually doesn’t wanna speak to him only when she needs to. I think of this occasionally, that I don’t wanna think of God only when I need something. It’s good to have Him beside you, like someone to turn to especially when going through the harshness of life.
*****
Love all you've got
When all fails, just remember that you have 2 functioning eyes, 2 functioning ears, a functioning mouth, 2 functioning legs and 2 functioning hands. And more, you even have a car, a job and a family. Life is great, isn’t it?
****
Away from home for the 2nd time
My bro’s gone for a camp and will only be back on Saturday. Feels weird being at home with just my mum and I. It’s a good thing that my parents had him. I think if it was just me alone, it’ll be pretty boring. With no news from him since morning, I messaged him asking if he had eaten, what did he have, and whether he has activities at night as well. 4 hours later, he replied ‘Just rice and bloody dishes. Don’t worry bout me.’ Don't worry bout me <-- this sentence shows..maturity? ***** Annoying fart
This bloody person gave me a bloody document to read when I asked just a simple question. And after reading the bloody document, my question is not answered. Had to call her to get a bloody explanation that is well, not an explanation cos first, I can’t understand her English, secondly she beats-around-the-bush and finally after the beating-around-the-bush, her summary is ‘internal calculation’. What the ?#!@ I can’t tell the clients ‘you won’t know the calculations cos it’s internal’. Invest your money and get ‘internal calculations’ when you wanna know why do you get so little. Buy tauge at the pasar malam and they charge you 5 bucks for a handful. Why? Internal calculations. To hell! Tried to figure out on my own and when it doesn’t tally with whatever crap I managed to squeeze out of her, I skyped her and she replied in CAPS that she is busy. Fcuk her! The next day, Shikin said that YF’s skype says something in Chinese, which she asked James to translate. It says ‘why ask all these questions??!’ Well, that is her job and we are her clients. Aren’t clients the one who are supposed to be treated well and even entertained in the first place? Then it turns out that actually James got it from her too as well as Shikin. Shikin said she must be pregnant cos she was like this the last time too. Well, this is your job and you can’t put a ‘no entry’ sign at skype. Then she finally signed out. How I wish I could sign out or leave the phone off the receiver, life is so wonderful then.
Now I know why she receive a less satisfactory bonus and a less satisfactory increment though in the same company as Debi. His motivated him to stay with the company. Enough said.
*****
I’m a lost fool..
I really have to improve my sense of directions, memory and observation. I don’t observe the way to some place and still dunno how to get there after umpteenth times. Cos I don’t observe. I only take interest when I need to go there. And when I take directions, I don’t save in it my head and let it fly out instead. Timmy couldn’t catch up with me though he was going at 120km/h. And me at 80km/h. Cos I took the wrong road =D Really had no intention of letting him know but got busted. Really can’t lie even though to save my own skin (and face). Rather get scolded instead.
I’m really gonna look and listen! But I just don’t like to look and really hate maps and verbal directions. Just give me written ones on where to turn or which signboards to follow. I’m good at signboards and whenever someone attempts to start giving me directions, the first thing I ask is ‘Are there signboards?’ or ‘Which signboard to follow?’ So I think my right brain is better, or is it left? But knowing stupid Malaysian signboards, there are either none or asking you to turn but you won’t know which turn, NOW or ahead. Once I saw 2 signs side-by-side, both to KLIA but one to turn left and another to go straight. Can’t they just give the better, nearer and faster one?
I need a GPS.. no no no, I need a driver. Then he can get lost and stuck for all I care while I sleep at the back and enjoy my strawberries in chocolate..
*****
Happy ending!
Will be away the whole of next week and will return with PP and F1 pics! Lily is counting down the hours for me on her skype, Shikin says ‘countdown for love in Pangkor'. Can’t wait, so exciting..! Had had a fun day in the office; laughing, posting pics of BuBu and AhKau and making fun of people. And next month will be heading to Tioman (current decision) for the company trip.. Holidays, here I come! Don’t miss me..
1 comment:
So fun la your life! Holidays and all! *envy*
Post a Comment