You buy the bear.
It comes with a bear house, a musical box, birth certificate and a little heart-shaped piece of paper.
You write your wish on the piece of paper and put it inside the cotton-stuffed container inside that shop (and wait for it to come true)
(Or maybe you put it inside the bear, because the bear is for us to share our wishes, happiness and sadness with the bear)
Then you fill up the birth certificate with the name of the bear and the sender and the recipient’s name.
Weigh the bear.
Dress him up (in other words, buy more clothes from the shop) and select the music you want for the musical box.
Suet, correct me where the red heart should be stuffed. I thought she mentioned something about stuffing it inside the bear =D
Ok, naming the bear is fine. Dressing him up and selecting the music is fine. But not writing the wishes and sharing whatever with the bear. We are full-grown adults, not some little kids who can be bull-ed into believing that the bear understands and shares our problems and sadness. It just doesn't cut it. That particular part made my hair stand on its end. It was like ‘Hello, wake up to reality!’ And weighing the bear sucks even further. Yeah, I understand that it's just like a new born baby who needs to be weighed at birth, but weigh that bear 10 years down the line and it will be the same unless you stuff pebbles inside.
I thought that Suet dig-ged it because she listened to the lady but as soon as we got out, we agreed that it did take a lot to be able to come up to adults, hug a bear and share her belief that the bears are our companions in times of happiness and sadness. In times of the economic situation, people are looking for jobs, people are stuck in jobs they hate, exhaustion and hard pressed for time, confiding in bears just don’t cut it.
For a shop that specialises in bears and the wonders that those bears supposed do, the bears aren’t nice. Most of the bears were of the fur-less type and I seriously don’t believe in blue bears! I glanced at the bear house. No, it was not a house. It was a box to stuff the bear in. I was surprised that for all the bear-worshipping done, it was just stuffed into a box?
Bear that is not nice, pic taken from their website
While on the topic of bears, now I regret not buying the huge teddy bear in Carrefour. Yeah, I know, who buys teddy bears in Carrefour but that was why it was only going for about 50 bucks for a huge one. It was at least 3 feet tall. Actually I dunno what to do with it, but it can sit with my Winnie the Pooh and gather dust together but it was big and cheap lah. And nice some more.
1 comment:
yup,u are right..stuffed inside the bear..sorta like making it 'alive'..haha..
Post a Comment