The daily routine: Wake up at 6.30am to send bro to school, come back and continue sleeping til noon and then I’ll be online for the whole day except for the time that I go for tuition in the evenings. It isn't that blissful as I have to force myself up after 4 hours of sleep.. pretty dreadful..
The interviews so far:
Product Executive, N Ceramics
The job is what I quite want to do. It’s half research and half marketing, which is actually good as just research skills alone isn't good enough if you don't know how to apply what you have discovered. Nevertheless, this isn't the company that I want to work for, and I wasn’t the one that they want to work with either. I have no marketing skills. And this is the 1st time I was asked for my academic transcript. So pa pai. Heck, I wasn’t even asked for it when I joined Toyota.
Entrepreneur Associate, HL Assurance
Task is to sell insurance and other financial services in your own office. Being the boss and having a few years of guaranteed income for closing one sale was tempting. Until I started thinking ‘who shall I ask first?’ and all thoughts fizzled out through my ears. If I wanted it, I could have started training the following week itself though. The plus side is that I can meet Timmy for breakfast and possibly lunch everyday if I worked there hahaha. The sole (yet) breakfast in KL was also when I went for the interview.
Marketing Services (Research) Executive, The S newspaper
I was willing to travel 100km daily and to give up my tuition to work for this company. Who wouldn’t, for the biggest daily in the country. But they weren’t willing to pay. When they started saying that salary isn't everything, there is subsidised parking, a cafe in the building and free newspapers that equalled savings, I know that it’s a no-go already. This is one of the positions that I have interest in and they wanted to put me in charge of the online research which was never done before. I did not ask for too much, I even went down to just a hundred bucks more than my last pay. Come on, you can’t give me less than my previous pay!
Business Analyst, O Holdings
Doing my pre-interview research, I discovered that their MD is Mukhriz! There, they told me that they have candidates for the position already and want me to do Commercial Operations instead. Something’s wrong with their management as about a week later, the HR called and asked why didn’t I turn up for the interview. That girl gave me the forms and brought me up to see the interviewer! Then they asked me to come for the 2nd interview with a 3 hours notice. I couldn’t make it and they said they would call back, which they did a week later. Now in the midst of arranging a meeting with the Executive Director but the only wee bit reason I have for this position is that my bf once used to look like their MD, that’s it!
Market Research Executive, D Lady
Got an sms from HR a few days back. Flunked the interview with flying colours. Already hadn’t much hope as I was told that my research experience is just a small percentage of what I would be required to do. Ok lor.. what to do.
Management Trainee – Supply Chain Management, G C Logistics
Applied and went for the interview due to IB Syndrome (Itchy Backside). Timmy and I thought that it would be good to explore what supply chain is about especially since I have heard about it. The location is pretty near too, it’s just at the next Kesas exit. But being a trainee position, the pay is also of trainee level. They were saying that since I have working experience and from a Maths background, I am suitable to lead the team when the boss isn't around. Sounds nice, but I cannot accept a pay that is the same as my 1st job 2 years ago laa.. Don't blame them anyway, it is a trainee position.
Researcher, Nielsen’s competitor
I want this, I want this, I want this!
Location: Although a bit far, I love it cos Timmy might be working here soon too!
Job: It’s exactly what I want!
Dress code: Casual
Perks: Boss not here and based in London! I might get to go there too! I can take Friday off if I have been working late, and I heard MSN message tones when I was there! Of course, the team is scattered everywhere.
Passed round 1 already, passed round 2 of phone interview from London already. Can I be the one out of the 32 under consideration?
Market research and intelligence executive, wireless broadband provider
I want this too! But not as much as the above. This research is more specific but it seems fine to me.. Casual dressing too =) Passed round 1, passed round 2 and waiting for round 3 if there is. How many interviews do they want me to come for, hai..
Edit: Business Analyst, Green Buck Resources at Centro, Klang
I forgot about this interview and only remembered it after getting an offer. This is the only company I named to warn the others. I have no knowledge about the job and during the very short interview (15 mins or so), I was told that the job is to 'manage clients' business'. To find out more about the company and the job, I have to come back for orientation for 3 full days. The interviewer wore a blazer, which is so overdressed, hair was blond and he didn't know and belittled the meaning of 'homemaker'. Already suspicious that it could be dodgy or an MLM, Timmy helped me look it up in LYN and we found out that it is a Forex trading company. A few have lost their money in it. This company is a branch of Danatama in PJ, wonder why they changed their name as they change locations?
On the other hand on supplementary income..
Tuition
The fubar family stopped for good. After the 2nd time I got to their place and they cancelled the class, I called it quits. Then I started thinking that I have nothing and some stupid nothing is better than nothing, but on the day I was contemplating if I should, they stopped too. Decision’s been made. All I can say is that these rich kids are pure spoilt brats and their mother shows no respect for people as well. How I wish I had the satisfaction of terminating them. Now they don't know that I had wanted to quit as well, damn!
Tuition income now down to half due to there being 3 fubar kids in that fubar family.
On the UPSR side, not doing any questions anymore but editing and proofreading the stuff for publication. Hoping to get big bucks from there! Kinda enjoy doing this, probably it’s my interest and forte.
Did some MESDAQ compilation too. Not easy to find those companies’ addresses, email adds and websites but yeah, I learnt a lot of stuff. Might be getting another assignment, don't know yet.
Now into some writing assignment and contest blogging. Anything that can earn me money online!
Things do seem to be getting better though the fubar family stopped. I have always thought twice about teaching them anyway. Same rates but have to drive there and then there is a tendency for the class to be called off upon arrival. Damn fubar wan. Now that I am freed up, I can teach Ms Chua her A-Levels Maths and also some kid that called me up after receiving my tuition flyers. Yeah, I distributed flyers and got freaked out by barking dogs. Never wanna do it again.
Oh yeah, while waiting for job offers, I have decided to take up this free training course on .NET. It’s free, I am free and I can be a .NET programmer like Timmy Tim! I said my hair will drop like his and he said that hair will grow on my back!! Yucks! Somehow am excited to learn this, it’s always good to learn something new and I will just attend the course until I get an offer. I think I will, so let’s just see how far it goes. Just this afternoon, I was informed that it was postponed for a week, hai..
So that is the journey of someone sitting at home and facing the pc for the whole day. Things do look good..
Happy Labour Day! Every day is a labour day to me hehe. Might be going for some FB application talk in Cyber on Saturday and then badminton on Sunday. Since when have I become a techie anyway?
No comments:
Post a Comment