Tuesday, May 5, 2009

How men and women shop v2

A new addition to the blog is 'budget buys'. It was created to celebrate the cheap good stuff that I managed to buy. It is not meant to showcase the non-existent shopaholic bimbo in me but to share the joy of buying something cheap!

Shopping trip #1:


First were these singlets. I have this sudden wanting to wear singlets and had already planned to buy some if I set foot in FOS. Had some argument with Timmy on how much they were if I were to buy 2 pieces. He finally said "Jangan lawan bf, boleh tak?" So in the end, he won and I paid RM16 for the 2 singlets. So cheap.. the cutting is nice too that it is really slim at the back.

Then, I came across this marvellous scarf! I have always wanted to get one but I don't want to spend on something that I dunno what to do with. I present to you, the scarf that I love so much!

RM17 and what a great scarf! The colour is great, not those boring single colour scarves that are dull in colour. And then there are the 'strings' at the end too! This is great to be worn with something plain, eg the singlets above =) Where else can you find a scarf for RM17, and a marvellous one too!

We dug through the heap but there was a hole in a plain blue one and the other was a plain boring brown one. That was when we decided to take things into our own hands and removed the marvellous scarf from the mannequin =) Not only that, Timmy replaced it with an ugly yellow feathery one. Exactly the thing you would need to look like Big Bird from Sesame Street. We agreed that it would be a good accessory to be a mamasan too. So if you go to FOS in JJ and you see the mannequin wearing a stupid yellow feathery scarf, that was our doing.

I might go back and get the brown one, since it is cheap =P

And then, I got this pair of shoes from Bata:


I got it in size 7; I don't care if my feet are as big as Timmy's. You know what they say about telling a person's 'size' from their foot/toe, so I am proud of mine =D What is marvellous about this pair of shoes is: They are extremely light! They are cheap at RM50, light and comfortable. I have worn 4 pairs of Nikes and almost all hurt my feet (cos they were ill-fitting). And none of the Nikes were this light.

And oh, the smell of the new shoes.. ahhh... very strong smell of new rubber? With this, I humbly admit that Power is good and would recommend it =P

Total expenditure for the bunch of 4 marvellous goodies: RM83
Total joy and satisfaction: Priceless

On the same trip, Timmy bought stuff too. How men and women shop? The lady bought 4 marvellous stuff for 83 bucks while the man bought 1 item for 200+ bucks. I think it was about RM260. Well, he bought a racquet =) And I am using it huhuhu.

We were achievers that day lugging bags of purchases.


Shopping trip #2:

Daiso in The Curve is marvellous. Everything is 5 bucks and the stuff are from Japan. Whether they were really made in Japan is another question, but the range of items is vast and basically anything that you can get at 5 bucks is a steal!

Nice scarf. This is the demure elegant one compared to the casual one above.


Laptop case. Where in the world can you get a laptop case for 5 bucks?

The best of the 5 bucks collection is..

THIS!
I did think that it was kinda scary to be able to count my toes, but I think my feet are sooo cute!

And this mirror was gotten so that I would be entitled for free parking in Ikano =) I do like the mirror, I think the stitches at the side makes it look nice and besides, it was priced at RM5 when my mother bought it for RM12.90 before. The plastic hasn't been removed, so the pictures are rather blurry.


Time to post in a 'fashionable' manner


Lastly are my favourite purchases and I think the prices were ok too, so they deserve to be here.


We saw a mini version of this at Al-Ikhsan in Alamanda and Timmy said that I need to buy them 1st for Nigel cos there wouldn't be anymore later! Imagine mummy and baby Nigel wearing mummy-baby shoes, so cute..

And the last one is this favourite T of mine. I can't explain why I like it but I just like it. It is something similar to one in EDC Esprit where there were many John Lennons but this is much nicer and cheaper too.

Picture of cutee wearing it can be found here.


Sorry, siao po a bit.

No comments: