Wednesday, May 13, 2009

J-Card Day

Let the bimbobolic behaviour begin! (Please note that bimboholic has been changed to bimbobolic. Which is better?)

The last meeting, I told Timmy that I wanna buy something to celebrate my getting a job =D I asked “I am getting more bimbo, isn't it?” and he said “Yeah”. He is not supposed to agree! It’s just like if you ask your man ‘Do I look fat in this?” and he is supposed to say no.

Men, do you get it? Yes, we are complicated creatures. We ask questions that we only want to hear nice answers. That’s why you sometimes see overstuffed penguins walking on the streets with their Apple Bottom jeans only half way up their butt and the other half is spilling over the jeans. You can’t really blame them, it was their partners who don't tell them the truth.

Sorry, I digressed.

This shopping trip was not meant to be a celebration of employment. If Jusco wants to organise a J-Card day, I can’t help it right? And again, I emphasise that this is not meant to be a bimbobolic celebration of things bought, but to celebrate how cheap things were. And to educate each and every one of you how to be a wise shopper. Read on and you will know how. Cos I got freebies!

Arriving there at 10.30am and finding the car park full is not a good sign. Are all these people jobless as well or what?? Have all the jobless people come to Klang or are the majority of jobless people staying in Klang? Thank God that I already know what to buy, cos I did a sneak preview yesterday and snapped pictures of bags for Timmy to choose. Not my bag, his mum’s.

Heart was quite thumping, honestly. The walk from 1 end of JJ to the other seemed endless due to the fear that the shortlisted bag was no more.

But it was there! And then I started the search for my own bag. Both my shortlisted ones were chucked away in the end and the one I got didn’t even have any discount. Kinda stupid to have chosen a discount-less bag during a J-Card day but I liked it. I told myself not to settle for something just because it is cheap.

Complaint #1: No basket. Slinging 2 large bags on my shoulder and carrying bras, panties, jeans and shirts is a very messy affair. Luckily that certain bags have to be paid first before collection, else there would be more. Ok, what I actually did was grab everything first and then decide and slowly chuck. It really was hectic; you gotta be there yourself to see how those aunties fight for bags!

Complaint #2: My mental calculation failed me and I end up paying RM24 for a pair of shorts. I wouldn’t have bought it if it was RM24. I only bought it cos I thought it was RM8 =(

But to make up for that loss...I got a free bra! I need to buy RM50 worth of underwear to be entitled for a free gift. So when I went to claim the gift, I realised that one of the bras was not charged! So in the end, that shorts was RM8 after all =) and then, I decided to show my receipt to the promoter cos I was ‘sad’ that I couldn’t get the free gift. And she said never mind and gave it to me nonetheless!!



This is my free gift: An underwear compartment thingy. That's what the promoter said it is.

Woot woot!! Now that’s what you call a wise shopper! So I’ve got Timmy’s bag, 2 bags of mine, 1 tee, 1 pair of slim fit jeans, 1 pair of shorts and innerwear. Innerwear sounds better than underwear =)

My professional-looking formal bag


My bag for going out dating and can be brought to work too

I love my bags soo.. much!

Oh, total damage: RM601.85 *dance dance* I got 11 items for 300 bucks while Timmy got 1. This is how men and women shop hahaha. We got RM60 worth of vouchers too, so Timmy gets RM30 for his bag and I get the other RM30 and we’ll be back for round 2! Come to think of it, I told Timmy that I don't have anything to buy except his mum’s bag.
One thing: the Sembonia promoter, an Indian guy, was really good at giving advice. Since I was alone and needed another opinion to confirm my choice, I asked him if that bag was nice. He asked me back "If you were a guy, which one would you look at?" and I managed to make my choice easily! "One is shiny like from pasar malam and another, the materials looks expensive". For a guy, good advice!

Last one: On my way out, I saw a Bulan Sabit ambulance parked outside the entrance. To standby for shopping casualties. It was hilarious!

No comments: