Upon arrival at the Langkawi airport, we got our Beng Beng rented car (as Pam called it) and off we went to our hotel. What’s so Beng Beng about the car actually, because it was a white Wira? There are far more Beng Beng cars than that, those that come with the boom boom sounds, lights under the car and a super spoiler that is as high as the car. Like this:
Ok, I digressed, as usual.
The petrol warning light showed it was empty. You know, when petrol is running low, there is that ‘kan chiong' feeling? Pam’s GPS found us a petrol station but it was closed! We managed to find another and we pumped RM50 worth of petrol, which is a week’s worth hahaha. It was later that we realised that the petrol meter doesn't work; it was always at E and that the speedometer doesn't work too. So nice right?
With our Beng Beng car, we went for a late night supper at mamak. We dined alfresco in the middle of a field. Not really a field la, but it was a small field =D And after that, we all pengsan.
Day 2
We started the day with chicken rice for breakfast at a place with a very happy feel good name. It was something like Cahaya Bahagia. Maybe it was Cahaya Bahagia, that kinda ‘life is oh-so-wonderful’ kinda name. This is the first time that I’ve had chicken rice with plain white rice. It truly felt weird. After that we proceeded to the Geopark. The view was truly awesome at 652.5m above sea level . It was in the cable car that I discovered that the so-cool PSA has a fear of heights =) and even the fearless were rattled by Pam’s erm.. screams.
It's not that I'm wearing my shorts high ok, it was my blouse that was short. Dang, I should have pulled my shorts down lower.
Cheers to cheap beer!
After lunch, we need dessert. So, we went to The Loaf. The pastries was pricey but I supposed that’s the price to pay to have Mahathir’s pastries? The cheese cakes weren’t as indulging as I thought it would be. For the price and looks, I would have expected to reach heaven but nope, haven't reached there yet. Li Peng said that the ones at Pavillion are better; guess those people thought Langkawi-ans would regard anything rejected from Pavillion as heavenly? The pastries I got were ok though.
Uhuhu cheese cakes with orchids =D
On the right is the Mother's Day special, called Heart to Mother. Strawberry jam with chocolate, quite nice and indulging.
We went back to our rooms for a while, before heading out to the beach. Phuan, Li Leng, Pam and I took the banana boat ride! And I dunno how to swim after we got thrown off! And I had to clung to Phuan to drag me back to shore! And it was so dumb when she said that my feet can actually reach the ground already, no need to swim anymore! Gosh, so dumb! Hahaha! Ultimate embarassment! It was like 'Can you get off me? Your feet can touch the ground already la!!" I think I really need to learn to swim la after this, it’s not everytime that there is Timmy for me to climb on for a ride back to land. So embarrassing la. Aduh, have to cling on to smaller Phuan Sue Anne, aduh aduh aduh, I feel such a big buffalo! *blushing*
But the banana boat thing was fun! I thought that we were safe until the very end when we took a sharp turn and we got flung off. We then had dinner at a nearby seafood place. We ordered a lot: fish, crabs, prawns, squid, vege, 2 soups.. cos we lost so much calories at sea :l Then, we headed back to the hotel cos the football fans wanted to watch a football match. We drank Alize which tasted more like fruit juice rather than alcohol, ate lots of junk in bed and watched Terminator 2 =D
Day 3
Li Peng was too lazy to get up for breakfast, so we went to a coffee shop nearby for breakie. I found American breakfast and a smart-looking waiter. I’ve gotten really good at discreetly snapping people’s pics.
We dragged the drunked Pam all around the Dataran Lang and lunched at KFC. Pam had to have hot Milo at KFC; I always thought it was funny when someone goes to KFC and orders a hot drink =D
Ta-da! I didn't manage to get a pic here the last time I came (cos I went to pee and they snapped without me), so here it is! My head is under the G if you can't see it. Dunno why you wanna see my head in the 1st place =D
We hadn’t done any shopping, so we went to Teow Soon Huat for shopping. Advice: The duty free shop beside the Underwater World is cheaper =( All Cadbury bars were RM9.50 there but at TSH, they were RM9.90 and the nicer flavours were RM12.50. Other chocs were slightly more expensive too and there was only 1 last bottle of Bailey’s there whereas the Underwater one had tons of all varieties. And cheaper too. So 1 advice from the savvy shopper: Go to the duty free at Underwater World for cheaper prices and more variety.
Chocolates can really make your bag heavy. I was surprised how heavy my bag was after adding chocs in. Was really struggling carrying my bag and another plastic bag-ful of stuff; really wished that I had those pull-along luggage instead.
With that shopping done, we bade farewell to Langkawi and hello to reality. We were at the airport for some time though cos our flight back got delayed again. The flight back was full again, this time there were even screaming kids. Langkawi must be really popular for a weekend getaway. I think it is too and again, I would have preferred more time at the beach.
Oh yeah, I didn’t get to take a pic of this coffee shop called Shark Fing even though we passed by it countless times. Yeap, it’s Shark Fing with a G. It’s only opened at night and it seems that it sells bah kut teh.
1st holiday with the girls!
5 comments:
this post is also approved by pam :D :D :D :D
HA HA HA HOT MILO IS FUNNY HUH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA :D :D :D say tak nak to alcohol!!!
i supposed this Ms Anonymous is Pam..after drinking til tergolek, wanna say tak nak.. =D
Alamak... I didn't mean to say "get off of me" when I said your feet can touch the ground. Needed to tell you that so you don't need to struggle to swim liao ma :)
bwahahahahahahhahahahahahahhhahaha adoi laaaaa
"so you don't need to struggle to swim liao"
struggle to swim hahaha.. i dunno what style was that. the frog one didnt work, so i tried to follow PSA and did the 1-arm by 1-arm stroke and quite wanna give up also, honestly.. hahaha
Post a Comment