We bercinta at Caltex while waiting for the others to arrive. The convoy of the Emilys! 2 black, 1 almost black (Nordic green) and a blue one but the blue one doesn't fit into the picture, so he's left out.
Nice nice nice.. I love the series of pics showing all angles of black Emilys. Timmy's is in the middle, flanked by Amran's Roxy on the right and Shamsul's (if spelt correctly) Nordic green on the left? See, no hint of green-ness right?
So, basically it's an event where people pay RM250 to drive on the track. There are 3 groups and each group gets 3 rounds of a few laps each.
Group 1: For track virgins and an instructor sits in the car beside them
Group 2: For the slightly experienced, no instructor required but overtaking at the corners is not allowed
Group 3: You can do whatever you like
There were RX8s (the most), an NSX, an RX7, an S2000 that made us drool, BMWs, Lancers, Integras and Type Rs.
And these.. :l
Now it's time for my favourite pic of this collection:
This is the only pic we have of our couple shirt. Self-snap of couple pic isn't possible cos my arms aren't long enough =) Never worn them before and don't own any other couple shirt. Amran saw that I kept trying to self-snap, so he took a pic for us =) Wanted to have another one of the back actually.Bubba Gump
After coming back from Sepang, my bro wanted to go to Bubba Gump. It is only now that I'm going there after seeing much reviews on the food blogs.
After coming back from Sepang, my bro wanted to go to Bubba Gump. It is only now that I'm going there after seeing much reviews on the food blogs.
I dunno what to order from the menu; nothing really striked my fancy and we weren't hungry as it was only 6pm+ then. In the end, me and my mum settled for the appetiser of Hush Pups and my bro got the Dumb Luck.
The menu said fish and shrimp and sweet corn, it didn't say anything about them being balls. I liked the way it was served, very cute! But urgh, the balls weren't very nice. They were something like cucur ikan + udang. Each person had 8 balls and I ta pau-ed some cos I couldn't finish them. After wrapping them in 6 layers of serviettes, oil still seeped through. Luckily I was smart enough to put it on top of my bro's plastic bag in my bag =P or else my whole handbag would be oily. Imagine all those oil inside our stomach? *shiver* And very fishy when eaten cold!
Dumb Luck, as you can see, are fried prawns with coconut in its batter. It had an interesting taste with sweetness from the coconut flakes and the saltiness from the batter. But I only had half a prawn and felt muak already. My mum had the other half of the prawn and felt the same too and my brother had a tortured look on its face. Guess that it was a good thing that there were only 7 prawns?
We've gotta flip the sign to Stop Forrest Stop' whenever we want the waiter to come. It's interesting but funny that the waiters have to constantly monitor the tabeles/signs and they will ask us to flip back the sign when they've come to our table.
For all those entertainment, you got to pay the price. I dunno if I would call it exhorbitant yet. The main courses were all RM30+ and Dumb Luck was RM38.90 for 7 prawns. Compare that to TGIF's Friday's Shrimp which is RM29.90 for a dozen muak-free prawns! But well, you won't know if you don't try..
Verdict: Decor and serving concept interesting, food nothing to hooha about and expensive.
No comments:
Post a Comment