The Wedding
Held at the Grand Imperial in BSC, it was my granduncle’s. I’ve never met him before and I learnt that I was supposed to address him as kau kung, which I didn’t as well. Met my mum’s cousins for the 1st time and I still don’t know which is Ah Foon, Ah Pheng and whatever Ah’s (Hokkiens will start saying Ah Ter, Ah Kau). What’s interesting is that granduncle married his college sweetheart. Makes me wonder if it’s true what they say about the 1st love? Let me say that they have not been dating all this while whole ok. I mean, if you were to get married to someone in your old age, would you seek someone new or the woman that you once dated in high school? Had he not forgotten her all these while? Had they both kept each other in their thoughts all along? I guess the answer is yes and yes. Wow, it’s like those true love that withstood the test of time and now finally reunited.
Spent a lot of time camwhoring due to a sudden vanity attack.
Chuen kar fook, though I dunno half of the people in there
The Engagement
My coll, Vee, got engaged. I have no idea what do people wear to an Indian engagement ceremony, especially if it was held at a public hall. It’s supposed to be less swanky than a Chinese dinner at a hotel, but it’s better to be over-dressed than to be under.
First, the groom walked in and they had some ceremony on the stage. It took a looong time, and then it was the bride’s turn. And 1.5hours after the ceremony was scheduled to start, we can dig into the vegetarian spread for dinner. Spicy and caused terrible bouts of diarrhea. I’m drained..
Vee's hubby reciting his engagement vows :DAnd the next day after going to Vee’s engagement, I headed to MV for the 6th time that week. Waited a long time for seating at Fong Lye even though it was already past 2pm.
My bro ordered the Steamed Fish with Pineapple set.
Verdict: Food was ok but there aren't many choices for me as most of them are beef and I'm not a beef-y person. Very limited choices of drinks and desserts too. Ended up ordering a can of Coke for RM4.30, wtf. A pot of tea is RM12 and nope, you cannot refill as much as you want. Oh, you can, for RM3 per cup. Hey, don't you just have to pour hot water into the pot?
I had 2 bouts of diarrhea from the Indian vegetarian, then felt tortured cos was super full from the Taiwanese food and another bout of torture from 6 Friday's Shrimps. The next day, gastric pains started. It was a really dreadful feeling, cannot stand and can only sit. After that, I vowed never to do this to my tummy anymore cos tears welled already from being miserable curled up in bed 1 night.
So who was the culprit, the Indian, the Taiwanese or the American? Or was it just me, the sweet 'lil Chinese girl? =) =)

No comments:
Post a Comment