Tuesday, October 14, 2008

(A slightly delayed) Hello October!

It had been a good week. I got called for a second interview but still need to wait til the end of this week, urgh.. I got news on my interviews and positive news too :D I messed up big time and my boss didn’t even say a word. And best (so far) is I just got to be a freelance translator!! Easy money, can be done anywhere anytime. Have Timmy to thank for convincing me to go all the way to Melawati. I told you October was going to be a good month!

Edit: Got called for another 2nd interview. Macam ni lah, October! :D

Why else it is going to be a good month:
1. I get my Timmy back. Not entirely but good enough.
2. There are activities lined up: Timmy’s company outing (why am I involved then hahaha). So the posts would be on happenings instead of words from the heart.
3. Our 1st anniversary. Of no significance to you nor him but it is to me. We are one =)

So what happened over the long Raya break?

Pre-Raya holidays..



On the way home from work.. clear road, so steam!



Day 1: Mid Valley. Zones A and C closed, had to circle the dodgy Zone H for half an hour. Saw a silly woman drag a huge flowerpot with her car while trying to reverse out of the carpark entrance. So funny =D




Day 2: Timmy’s house to eat rendang. Ate until there was none left =P

Day 3: Fermentation, round #1.
Sent an sms to Mr Tay to remind the boy what time to come for tuition tomorrow, Mr Tay called the mum and turns out that they are in SG instead. If I had sacrificed a holiday for that sole class that got cancelled, I would have flipped. But since I had nowhere to go, so I decided to be cool and calm..

Day 4: Yuen buffet steamboat, Pyramid and Ajoy’s place
Didn’t expect Yuen to be open for lunch. Goodness, there was a lot of (sea)food! For the price of RM19.80!! Prawns (2 types), crabs, ‘lobsters’/sea bugs, fish slices, pomfret, all sorts of clams, all sorts of balls (not of the genitalia kind), all sorts of vege, fried rice, fried mihun, chicken wings(!), 4 flavours of ice-cream, jelly, fruits and kuih. So value for money. I didn’t have dinner that night, which is a great achievement for me knowing how much I need all my 3 meals (and more) each day.








The BEST!
Day 5: Same as per Day 4 sans Ajoy’s place
Eating 2 straight days of seafood buffet and chicken wings is not a healthy practice. But who cares? Going there again next week in fact!

That’s the summary of the long Raya break. Last year’s was better but I surely don’t wanna pull off that stunt anymore cos a journey to the unknown could be a harrowing experience.

*****
Being 23 years old gave me enough knowledge to share, gathered from experience and observation.

Info #1: Malls you don’t want to visit:
1. Mines Wonderland
2. IOI Mall
3. The upper floors of Times Square
…unless you have a thing for yeh-ness and dodginess.

Info #2: Seeds and Padinis are really good to iron. You might as well buy them since when on discount, they aren’t much more expensive than the other brands. Can’t find much ¾ sleeves ones though.

Related to info #2, pillows are not good for ironing on.



:D

*****
What disturbs me is that why would people attempt to change things that are already perfect, especially despite knowing that it would leave a dent? The mystery still plagues me to this very day. But I have a 'be thankful' bracelet, so guess I have to be thankful la.. (?)

*****
We were on our way to Amran’s open house and stopped by the roadside cos we were lost. Timmy was approached by this motorcyclist who claimed that his baby had just been given the wrong medication by a doctor and had to bring him to another doctor but hadn’t enough money with him. I dunno how true is this story as there was even an incident where a pregnant woman lured a Good Samaritan to being robbed. Anyway Timmy gave the guy 40 bucks. Not only it was 40 bucks but it was all he had in his wallet at that time. I, for one, would have given the guy 10 bucks as BoD (if I even give at all. Not stingy but there just seem to be a lot of these going on) and surely not until I don’t have any money left on a day out. It made me see my boyfriend in a different light. The same goes when he bought 'Bobby' (a vagrant who isn’t very sane) a burger when everyone else shooed him away. I mean like, when you walk pass a vagrant, would it ever occur to you to buy food for him?

So, that’s my Timmy =)

*****

It freaked the daylights out of me when my ahyee said I am my mum in the making. I have heard people say that I start to sound like her when I am mad/nag but never thought that there was so much similarity? Maybe it was an exaggeration that was meant to be a warning? Call it denial, whatever, but I am determined to repent! I will have faith in my children and will treat them fairly.

Disclaimer: I criticize people out of cockiness and amusement, bearing no similarity to my mother who do it out of purely having criticism in anything she sees.


In the mean time, welcome October again!

2 comments:

Radius said...

People change for the better. Robber learns the tips and tricks to earn more even though if they managed to successfully executed several robberies, a fast car today might won't even be a fast car tomorrow and they need to keep progressing. Everywhere around us is constantly changing to fit into the environment. We changed from being a toddler, going to school, uni and a staff or even entrepreneur. So, life is about progressing, a perfect today can be better tomorrow if we progress more. :)

Good to hear that your October is going well so far and welcome to our first anniversary!!!

Love you :-X
Timmy

babysue said...

Not all changes are for the better, especially when it affects things around them that are already perfect or makes you the person that you are not. Robbers weren't born robbers in the first place; they changed for the worse. That was not a progress but a deterioration.

Moral of the story: "Not all change is good"