Friday, October 24, 2008

Timmy and Sue: A great year of love

First meeting
Romp KLCC near Famous Amos still hold special memories up to this day. In fact, it seems so recent that I was loitering there while waiting for him. And then we couldn’t find each other :D
After the screening.. =)

McD at MV
Subsequent dates were always at MV after work. I’d reach there first, wait in the car until Ridin’ Dirty rang and then I’d go in and wait at McD for him. Standing at the railings looking out for a man with hat, and breaking into a smile seeing his beam emerging from the sea of unfamiliar faces.

Dunkin, trolley and the escalator
Another MV date but this is etched in memory. We went grocery shopping in Carrefour, Timmy bent over the trolley with a list in hand looking very husbandly =P We had coffee at Dunkin til late and it was closing, so we had no choice but to part. Somehow it was a difficult goodbye at the escalator. That episode marked a new closeness that started the heavy-hearted feeling each time having to say good night.

Korean BBQ at Taipan
He asked if I wanted Korean BBQ or Spanish. I thought why can’t we just have something local and familiar but decided that Asian is surely a safer bet =P It turned out fun, the table was full of condiments and I remember the walking hand-in-hand to our car while he gushed at a sports car that I have no idea what up to this very day.
5th date


Dinner with Accenture guys
I was led (and he too) to believe that there would be spouses at the dinner. Turns out that I was the only one and err.. I wasn’t even officially his gf then. Someone thought that I was a new colleague. Whatever. Finding the pic on his blog was surprising cos we weren't officially together yet, yet he called me ‘princess’.
Some stuff


Interview and Haagen Dasz KLCC
I accompanied my boyfriend to an interview. Imagine someone bringing his gf along and introducing her to the interviewer =P Felt a sense of belonging, and it was truly a special time as he grasped my hand with the other holding a heavy silver briefcase, crossing the zebra crossing in the rain. Then we had Haagen and submitted an entry for its name-the-ice-cream contest. We called ours something like Tower of Love but guess they don’t share our towering love la =P We spent the whole day together; I’d say it was one of my best Timmy moments.
Confession

Raya 2007
We parked by the Tabung Haji roadside and bought all the clothes in half an hour =D Spent the wee hours of Raya morning in McD Bukit Rimau after I led him to some Econsave. Felt that we were in our own world. Spent the next day separately at the same location in Bukit Tinggi. One of my favourite moments too.

5th date

Spraying car and KFC
Had to trouble him to send and pick me from the spray workshop. Rushing from Bangi at peak hour to Klang is no fun task. Seeing a Honda City drive into the compound is a happy feeling. Then we had KFC in Sentosa before going home. Since when is KFC worth a mention? =)

My 23rd birthday
We spend the whole day together, from Sungei Wang to dinner to late night movie+dessert. The effort and atmosphere was overwhelming.. it was such a beautiful time and yeah, it was so overwhelming. I treasure and appreciate it so much.

Turning 23

Pangkor
Timmy’s birthday celebrated in Pangkor. I declare this as the best time ever, enough said. Best out of best moments was scooting our motorbike around the island, 2nd best was the many walks along the beach hand-in-hand eating black kacang rebus and 3rd is the running dripping wet from the beach back to our chalet across the road. We were totally alone in the quiet island.
Holiday in Pangkor and F1 and Idyllic life in the kampung


Genting
The first time to Genting, I accused him of purposely waiting til it rained to agree to go to the theme park. We sat in the freezing cold outside. It was so freezing cold and yet we found amusement in torturing ourselves and trying to finish the sandwich as quick possible.

Some stuff

KL Marathon
Semangat wanna take part but ended up walking almost all of the way =P An event with sweat and tears, literally. Ended on a good note though. He said I am annoying cos I kept asking how far have we got left or if we are there yet. Wasn’t trying to be cute but rather wanting to know well, how much have we got left so that I don’t run my heart out only to find out that there was another 9.5km to go =D Think it’s the first time he annoyed-ly said I am annoying =D Funny part was he had to run with his huge backpack, met Amran doing ‘miniature steps’, sitting sweatily in the train and then both fell asleep in the cinema while watching Horton Hears A Who =D
KL International Marathon and Medal! The Medal!!

Honda Power of Dreams
The blissful aka bahagia part was when we were smoking outside the hall waiting for it to start. It must have been something nice we were talking about or it might just have been the nice-ness of being late out together.
A photo, an opening, a musical and love stories

Valentine
Another overwhelming moment. Can melt in the atmosphere, it was so beautiful. The post and the pics say it all.

14th February , My Valentine and Valentine pics


Emily
We rushed from Pyramid to pay the down payment to secure her. It was a suspenseful ride; she could be snapped up anytime by anyone who came first with the money. But we secured her, admired her but had to leave her behind that day. The next couple of days were even more suspenseful but 10th May 2008, Emily was born. Timmy’s message said he’ll pick me between 4.00-4.30 and ‘yes, emily gonna be there soon he he he’. We got her, we love her and she is the best looking car among the Silvias, Skylines and Fairladies.
Look.what.Timmy.got , Emily pics

Petaling Street and Erican
Everywhere I go, I have to meet Timmy there. It was funny skipping the class just so I could meet him earlier. Sometimes it feels strange that you go to Petaling Street, your bf is there. You go to KL for interview, your bf is there too. We had a sweaty walk to Central Market and to Pudu eating keropok lekor along the way and wanting to stop the car and run down to buy more =)
In the seemingly long absence..

It had been a good year. Was listening to my current favourite, Lucky by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat, as I wrote this. The melody, together with the lyrics was so appropriate. Dedicated to Timmy.

Do you hear me?
I'm talking to you
Across the water
Across the deep blue ocean
Under the open sky
Oh my and baby I'm trying

Boy I hear you in my dreams
I feel your whisper across the sea
I keep you with me in my heart
You make it easier when life gets hard

Lucky I'm in love with my best friend
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again
Ohhhohhhohhhohhohhohhhohh

They don't know how long it takes
Waiting for a love like this
Every time we say goodbye
I wish we had one more kiss

I wait for you, I promise you I will

Lucky I'm in love with my best friend
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again
Lucky we're in love in every way
Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed
Lucky to be coming home someday

And so I'm sailing through the sea
To an island where we'll meet
You'll hear the music fill the air
I'll put a flower in your hair

Though the breezes through the trees
Move so pretty, you're all I see
As the world keeps spinning round
You hold me right here right now

Lucky I'm in love with my best friend
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again
Lucky we're in love in every way
Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed
Lucky to be coming home someday


No comments: