Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Utusan's 1st Get Together

The invitation card



Nothing exciting bout the function, had to go home to change cos it was a last minute thing and we were all wearing jeans on Monday. Left the office at 3, reached home at 4, bathed and chose clothes and out again at 5. Reached Sheraton at 5.30pm. Mad.


But I have this!

Me and Fly Guy!


Thought he looked familiar and tried to figure out. Then I figured out! Told James that I want to take a pic with him and he asked "Why, very leng chai meh?" I said no, celebrity ma..

So we tried to get him while he was outside the ballroom getting food, cos that was where everyone was 'socialising'. James willingly agreed to help me snap the pic. He had a 'great' plan:

James: We pretend to bump into him and say "Eh it's you ah?" and then ask for his picture.
Me: Dun want la, so fake! straight away ask only la?
James: Want la (hands me a big white empty plate to start pretending to take food)
Me: Then we are going to hold this empty plate and take the pic?
James: (laughs)
Me: Don't want la..

And Fly went into the ballroom to eat.

Me : You ah.....!

I know I won't be able to sleep or forgive myself if I didn't get that pic. Not that I love him a lot but it's just that I hate myself for having no guts! Can't even do a simple thing like that. So I forced myself to approach him at the end of the night. James had chickened out by then, so I paced up and down before mustering enough courage.

Fly was at his table. Quite embarassed to ask as there were another 2 people at the table. Turns out that the guy at his table wanted a pic too. So he took it for me. James my photographer was busy in the ladies..I mean..the gents =)

Me: Can I take a pic with you?
Fly: Sure. what's your name? (extends his hand)
Me: Sue Ann from AGB Nielsen (cannot say sexysue la)

He won't remember the name a second later. Don't care, not trying to hook up anyway!

Yay!!

The dinner was fine- there was noodles, curry mee, soto, banana pancakes with maple syrup, tandoori lamb cutlets, prawn fritters (which everyone attacked), ABC, len chee kang, open sandwiches, lotsa small pies and tarts, carbo drinks, coffee, beer, blueberry and peach danish, samosa, chicken meatballs that were hard as stone..

The presentation and function was poorly organised though. Performances for the night were Siti Sarah and Dina from Malaysian Idol, I think. That was the second time in a week hearing "Ain't no other man", the first was at the TV3 screening.

That's all, malas mau cerita. Been blogging whole day.





2 comments:

Radius said...

Her: and you are?
Me: I'm Jose Cuervo from Google incorporated (in case if that specific resume that we talked about works)... well... u can call me... Juan Dela Cruz.. or Praveen Prasad.. or even Martin Chen.... which ever fits you best.

i was imagining if somebody approaching me the same way you approach fly guy and what would I reply back.... hahahahhahahahah

babysue said...

Sounds like a con man/ crook with a different name everywhere he goes..