Monday, December 10, 2007

Of birthday celeb part 2, car and shopping

Phuan Sue Anne, Crystal, Hui Ting, Pam and I met up at Kim Gary, AEON Bukit Tinggi for dinner last Saturday. It was meant to be a birthday celebration for the December babies but in the end I got all the undivided attention, being super cute and sexy. We were supposed to meet at Secret Recipe in Bukit Raja instead but it was raining heavily, jammed and flooded, so we made a detour to Bukit Tinggi. Good chance to check out the new Jusco. Timmy came along as well cos he wanted to meet me that day but I was having dinner with the girls. So, I asked if he wanna come along then but he said that since all were girls, he doesn’t want to. But the power of sexy-sue proved too strong and after much consideration, he ended up willing to be the only guy there. Ok, so I wanted to see him too, hadn’t seen him for days since ‘Confession’ =p

It was fun as usual; laughing, talking and crapping bout ourselves and the people we know. Hadn’t seen Phuan and Hui Ting for some time but Phuan’s still as cute as before and Hui Ting hasn’t grown much still =p After dinner, we walked round the complex for a while. Same old, same old and didn’t seem as big as it looked from the outside. The only thing was Nichii is there, so there is no need to go to The Curve anymore.

They went to Centro for drinks after dropping Hui Ting off, who had to return home before her gown turned to see-thru clothes =p I was supposed to meet them there but after walking the whole of Jusco, tired already hehe. Sorry guys..

Thanks very much for the night and dinner.. News got around pretty quick, the next afternoon to be exact, that Timmy was there too yeah? Siapa punya kerja tu?? Hahahaaaa..

And now that I’ve had my Kim Gary already, I’m supposed to start watching my eating right? But I haven’t had their ‘mushroom rice with fried chicken’ yet! So must satisfy all cravings from Kim Gary only will I bertaubat.


Earlier in that day, woke up early to get bro his school books. Went back to my alma mater for exercise books, then to Leong Agency for 6 revision books, then to the Ah Kun’s cousin’s workshop to get a quotation for my car paint, had breakfast at mamak and then to 4 different shops to compare tyre prices. Was just about to list down all the brands and prices when I found..

Tyres going for RM 60 each!! So without further consideration (what is there to consider anymore??), I changed all 4! And can now go ‘I wonder if you know, how they live in Tokyo..” For RM 240, you can’t even get 2 tyres. Ok, you might be able to get exactly 2 of Sime, EP or Falken if you’re lucky, else you have to be contented with just one-and-a-half. And I’ve got 4 Simes for RM 240, weehoo!! Those are good enough, just need to get to work and back. I don’t need Michelin, Potenza or Bridgestone, but I used to have Goodyears. Nah, hop into Timmy’s car when wanna do drifting. Wait til he gets one of those hard-on cars, no eye see! But haaaaaahhh… those cars are really soooo.. hard on…..

Ok, so I’ve got new tyres, all 4 of them. Next on the list, coming really soon is the new coat of paint. Set my heart on another colour already but.. we’ll see. After that, the only thing left are absorbers. Then I’ll have a beautiful car. Shall only take a picture after the spray job (and after being poorer by 2000 bucks).

Then, the optional ones are: (optional as in ‘can do without’ or ‘if have extra cash’)
1. Reverse sensors
Come to think of it, these don’t seem so necessary. After all, I’ve been driving for 6 years without one at all. And besides, I’m pretty good at reverse parking =p (except when it’s raining and I can’t see the mirrors when it’s full of water). But if I do have these, I could start working on my side parking =D And why bother turning your head and sticking it out of the window when you have sensors right? Nah, so my priority will be..

2. Alarm system
Gone cranky since Form 6 on one day when it rained, couldn’t get into my own car, handphone battery was dead, quarreled with then-bf and had dignity and didn’t wanna call him (Ok, I did call him eventually but he didn’t pick up. Said he didn’t hear when he called back later. Cheh. Thought that he wanna take revenge) and after managing to get into the car after half an hour, couldn’t start the car! Cos the security was too good that the alarm disabled the engine and the radio as well, til this very day. The poor owner can’t even drive off her own car. Hai…
And bro wants those alarms that gives out many kinds of sounds, like those used by Ah Bengs and ‘pai kiahs’.No way! There are even some that talk, saying ‘Alarm activated’ in Robocop-like voice. So Ah Beng!

3. Tinting
Now, this doesn’t really seem necessary as well. Cos the sun’s not up on the way too work and the sun’s already down on the way back. And I’m already dark, so it’s too late.

4. MP3 player with thumbdrive!
Now this is the most luxurious one. There’s no point getting one with just the CD player. But I’ve seen some cheap ones, so it’s not really that luxurious as well.

Initially, wanted to just make a list of the stuff, but ended up elaborating underneath each item. Hai, talk too much. Still so used to SPM BM days when you have to ‘kembangkan isi’ right? =D

So, in top priority order:

1. Alarm system
2. Reverse sensor
3. Tinting
4. MP3 player

Wait, you wait and see. I’m gonna have a beautiful, high tech car soon..

Btw, my price of dignity: RM 260 and possibly another RM500. No choice, I’m broke. At least it’s higher than the previous price of RM 131 and there is increment. Hope that it gets higher by day.

*****

I found my colleague, MS’s blog, though she didn’t wanna reveal it to me. I’m becoming IT savvy too, see? It is brilliant, cos her name isn’t used and there are tons of blogspot adds. And it didn’t even have to be blogspot. See? Haha. Anyway, the last post was really shallow. Sorry to say this. It was on the latest clothes and make up she bought. There was a yellow dress, some Tic Tac tee that looked very Chinese-ed when she wore it to work that day and some mascara or some cream that her mum bought her from Japan. Even had pictures of herself wearing them, together with all details on the brand, material and what crap.

And it’s pathetic that no one reads her blog. Ok, so blogs are primarily meant for personal expression but in her case, she wants people to read them but no one does. I think so, cos there hasn’t been a single comment since day 1 and I have no idea why does she have a C-box when the only person there is she and herself? She converses with herself there in the C-box! And she should know very well that not many (maybe no one at all) reads her blog but she says there that anyone interested in buying some cosmetic, can drop her a comment or an email. And needless to say, there were no comments for that post.

Sorry, I dunno why am I attacking her. No, she didn’t step on my toes at work. It’s just that I found that particular post so ticking-off, a no-brainer and shallow. Shallow. I haven’t even mentioned the review and pictures on each and every food item that she has eaten outside. Every eating experience must be so exhilarating and thrilling that you need to blog on what goes into your mouth.

Ok, so I’ve always thought that shopperholics are bimbos, that was why I was getting afraid in one of the last few posts. The short mall-walkaround with the girls on Saturday got me scared. Cos I was the only one entering shops and when they did, they gathered and had a discussion instead! But in the end, I didn’t buy anything that day, ok?

Why am I trying so hard to explain myself? Think I’m actually making it worse. Ok, ask Timmy, he’ll tell you and in fact he buys more stuff than I do. He asked why do I not like shoes and why do I not even look at all? See? And at Giordano last Sunday when it was 45% storewide, I bought 2 tops. But Timmy bought 8!! See, he’s worse than I am. Ok, satisfied and enough said.

No comments: