Reflections
2007 had been a year that passed really quickly. Bro and Jenny said that as well. It is a year that saw many turns in my life. I completed my 3-year long studies, started a career, ended a 4-year long relationship, started a new one.. These events bear significance to me, especially the end of 2 long-term commitments and start of a life-long journey. Also, 2007 saw me taking on tkd again and giving a try at teaching; juggling work and studies and, work and work. Bro took his PMR, which the results will be out on the 27th and just a few days ago, I found out that this would also be the final year of celebrating CNY in my hometown of Pontian. Do feel sentimental value and a sense of nostalgia for the house that I spent every CNY at since birth, despite the eerie tales and the occasional feeling of boredom from the lack of entertainment. Heck, I don’t have a hometown anymore. And my hometown is a real kampung that has chickens and centipedes and you could leave the doors wide open when having an afternoon nap in the hall without any fear. Now I don’t see how are we gonna celebrate CNY without balik kampung. But the good thing is that I don’t have to drive back for CNY anymore! Had only done so once actually, this year being the first and now, it’s the last. Glad that I had the opportunity to anyway haha.
I suddenly realized that the year is really coming to an end already, left a few days more, so scary.
Resolutions
1. Earn more money
I’m looking at a job change. It will at least guarantee me a few hundred more each month, and if I get one closer to home, an additional few more hundred there. Currently spending one-fifth of my pay on traveling. I need another part-time job as well, have been lazing around too much and it’s time to get back on my feet. Looking to investments as well but haven’t read up on it and haven’t got much to put in anyway.
But I do like the current job. I’m free most of the time, have unlimited Internet access and what other job allows you to watch 60 days worth of FTA tv’s past episodes? And I’ve just got a new laptop (as you’ll see later)! An ex-employee said that we have a good working environment with friendly colleagues, a nice (and beautiful) boss and no office politics. Agree. Bitchy people will make you dread going to work every day. Wages will increase with time but I don’t think I will be around for the next one at year end. I didn’t do anything to deserve any this time around, cos was getting de-motivated to work until I got confirmed just few days back.
I might stay for 2 years, thinking of Debi’s words. We’ll see, we’ll see.
2. Improve health and body shape
On a breakfast-free diet. Just drinking soups, green tea (taken from the training room!), Milo with cereal and Nestum, even just plain hot water to fill my tummy and warm myself in the bloody freezing office. Of all times when this resolution comes up, I’m at a new place directly under the air-con vent, feeling hungry all the time. Coldness makes you hungry faster. Though not proven scientifically, this hypothesis of mine is supported by Phuan. Thought of munching on ‘healthy stuff’ then but never got round to doing it. Bought some lemons but have yet to squeeze the juice into my drinking water. Have not totally stopped my junk consumption but have cut down on the amount bought. Improvement is better than none, I guess, and just like any addiction, quitting takes time =)
3. Be a more systematic and organized person
Surprised myself when I started filing my stuff one day. Collected my pay slips, credit card bills, car repair bills, loan stuff and other receipts for stuff that has warranty to be filed neatly. Have never been organized like my mum and maternal granddad. What prompted me to do so was because I couldn’t keep track of my car repairs and costs. Hope that I keep up the good work. Amazingly I found all 6 pay slips and both card bills.
4. Be more efficient, observant and attentive
Wanna do things more efficiently, at work especially. Have a habit of doing things at my own sweet pace when it could be done much faster. So from today onwards, I wanna work more efficiently, reduce distractions, be more aggressive, increase observance, do things more whole-heartedly, increase alertness, scrap my lackadaisical attitude, reduce blur-ness and sleepiness and make an effort to know what’s going on around the office, despite it not related to me or being my business. But why do I wanna know so many things and complicate my life? Hmm…
Sometimes I really do suspect that I have ADD. I get distracted, lose interest and get bored easily. I so want to regain my former secondary school self in; full of drive, hard-working and did everything well. Dunno where my brains have seeped to.
Wanna print out all the things that I wanna be and paste it in my cubicle to remind and pump myself up!
5. Be a more knowledgeable person
Suddenly find myself interested in learning new words and things. Previously have been lazy looking things up or absorbing new information. Now I have a profound interest in knowing how things are done. Used to not bother knowing how do things work as long as it’s done. Knowing more is always good.
6. Reduce dependency on others
Ok, I dunno why is this one here. Cos there is nothing that I can actually do about it. I’d think that I’m relatively independent, probably from losing my dad young. Had to grow up, from being daddy’s princess to head of the family overnight. But one thing that beats me is when it comes to certain things that I have no one to rely on at all. Ok, so the title is inappropriate here, it should be more like ‘finding someone to rely on’. The problem’s solved at this time, but days back was feeling really lonely and helpless in the world with no one to turn to. Actually the problem boils down to me. I’m like my mum, I don’t like to ask for help and I don’t like to trouble people unless I’m really at wit’s end. And I was really at wit’s end for the last incident.
So what I can do is to actually ask for help in real times of need, or to work extra hard and find a solution without depending on people. And I better start solving my car problems on my own too, no matter how much I hate it. I just so hate it and wanna chuck it to someone to just settle everything for me and all I have to do is drive. This is the only thing that I still prefer people to do though I can solve it on my own.
Rumination
Love Tim for his no-nonsense stand. His revelation last Saturday makes me wonder how does he take in all my nonsense then =)
CWF’s Skype caption is “Working is not everything. Enjoying life is more important” Sorry but I beg to differ. We’re 23 already, hello? Oh, I forgot that I’m not the youngest son, had my dad insist that I not burden myself with a study loan, had my education paid for with just a phone call or can afford to settle for a job that pays RM 500 less in the name of passion. But everyone has their own philosophies of life, so ok… He did say that we are on different frequencies anyway =D (Really hope that he doesn’t stumble on my blog someday)
The only thing I did was speak to him. Cos the others abhor him, I’m now the office bapuk’s ‘good friend’. Hai.. But he is amusing! Amusing cos he’s bapuk! I just don’t want some stupid news to get around. If it’s some hot guy, I wouldn’t have minded so much but bapuk? (Hehe, Tim’s gonna get angry at me d) but I could use it to my advantage like getting him to do things for him. Got him to wipe my desk, call the spray workshop and steal tea bags for me (green tea bags from the training room as above) =D
Am I that annoying that Wei Chern’s Skype says “Lee Sue Ann from MGS, ACS, UPM, Bandar Bukit Tinggi Klang is annoying”. Lol, so funny but so childish! This was after he couldn’t spell Nielsen and had to resort to those. Hahahaha!! Actually I called him annoying first and that was his retaliation. No originality.
Have a new laptop! Came back from training on Monday and found 2 laptop bags on my chair. Then MS said that James-the-bapuk had been looking for me since morn to tell me the good news. Later he said that since I got confirmed, we’re getting laptops (we=me, MS and himself). Then he said that if I get confirmed, he gets a laptop as commission. Then he asked if I’ve been confirmed and if so, I can’t leave within 2 years cos I have the laptop. Crappy guy.
Anyway, haven’t touched it yet at time of writing cos still busy transferring stuff over. Heard it has a webcam, Bluetooth, fingerprint security and 2GB of RAM. And it’s tiny! Now is that cool or what?! Ok, call me jakun for all I care but I’m surprised at the company’s decision to equip us with things that we don’t need for work. Heard that it costs about 6k a piece. So, I’m so motivated to come to work everyday now. Can chat faster, take own pics to upload to blog, see my bf when chatting with him, transfer songs to my phone without using the cable or my 2 external bluetooths and bring it wifi-ing around. Heck, the brand new smell of it is ecstasy! Eh, none of those that I wanna do is related to work!! =p
2007 had been a year that passed really quickly. Bro and Jenny said that as well. It is a year that saw many turns in my life. I completed my 3-year long studies, started a career, ended a 4-year long relationship, started a new one.. These events bear significance to me, especially the end of 2 long-term commitments and start of a life-long journey. Also, 2007 saw me taking on tkd again and giving a try at teaching; juggling work and studies and, work and work. Bro took his PMR, which the results will be out on the 27th and just a few days ago, I found out that this would also be the final year of celebrating CNY in my hometown of Pontian. Do feel sentimental value and a sense of nostalgia for the house that I spent every CNY at since birth, despite the eerie tales and the occasional feeling of boredom from the lack of entertainment. Heck, I don’t have a hometown anymore. And my hometown is a real kampung that has chickens and centipedes and you could leave the doors wide open when having an afternoon nap in the hall without any fear. Now I don’t see how are we gonna celebrate CNY without balik kampung. But the good thing is that I don’t have to drive back for CNY anymore! Had only done so once actually, this year being the first and now, it’s the last. Glad that I had the opportunity to anyway haha.
I suddenly realized that the year is really coming to an end already, left a few days more, so scary.
Resolutions
1. Earn more money
I’m looking at a job change. It will at least guarantee me a few hundred more each month, and if I get one closer to home, an additional few more hundred there. Currently spending one-fifth of my pay on traveling. I need another part-time job as well, have been lazing around too much and it’s time to get back on my feet. Looking to investments as well but haven’t read up on it and haven’t got much to put in anyway.
But I do like the current job. I’m free most of the time, have unlimited Internet access and what other job allows you to watch 60 days worth of FTA tv’s past episodes? And I’ve just got a new laptop (as you’ll see later)! An ex-employee said that we have a good working environment with friendly colleagues, a nice (and beautiful) boss and no office politics. Agree. Bitchy people will make you dread going to work every day. Wages will increase with time but I don’t think I will be around for the next one at year end. I didn’t do anything to deserve any this time around, cos was getting de-motivated to work until I got confirmed just few days back.
I might stay for 2 years, thinking of Debi’s words. We’ll see, we’ll see.
2. Improve health and body shape
On a breakfast-free diet. Just drinking soups, green tea (taken from the training room!), Milo with cereal and Nestum, even just plain hot water to fill my tummy and warm myself in the bloody freezing office. Of all times when this resolution comes up, I’m at a new place directly under the air-con vent, feeling hungry all the time. Coldness makes you hungry faster. Though not proven scientifically, this hypothesis of mine is supported by Phuan. Thought of munching on ‘healthy stuff’ then but never got round to doing it. Bought some lemons but have yet to squeeze the juice into my drinking water. Have not totally stopped my junk consumption but have cut down on the amount bought. Improvement is better than none, I guess, and just like any addiction, quitting takes time =)
3. Be a more systematic and organized person
Surprised myself when I started filing my stuff one day. Collected my pay slips, credit card bills, car repair bills, loan stuff and other receipts for stuff that has warranty to be filed neatly. Have never been organized like my mum and maternal granddad. What prompted me to do so was because I couldn’t keep track of my car repairs and costs. Hope that I keep up the good work. Amazingly I found all 6 pay slips and both card bills.
4. Be more efficient, observant and attentive
Wanna do things more efficiently, at work especially. Have a habit of doing things at my own sweet pace when it could be done much faster. So from today onwards, I wanna work more efficiently, reduce distractions, be more aggressive, increase observance, do things more whole-heartedly, increase alertness, scrap my lackadaisical attitude, reduce blur-ness and sleepiness and make an effort to know what’s going on around the office, despite it not related to me or being my business. But why do I wanna know so many things and complicate my life? Hmm…
Sometimes I really do suspect that I have ADD. I get distracted, lose interest and get bored easily. I so want to regain my former secondary school self in; full of drive, hard-working and did everything well. Dunno where my brains have seeped to.
Wanna print out all the things that I wanna be and paste it in my cubicle to remind and pump myself up!
5. Be a more knowledgeable person
Suddenly find myself interested in learning new words and things. Previously have been lazy looking things up or absorbing new information. Now I have a profound interest in knowing how things are done. Used to not bother knowing how do things work as long as it’s done. Knowing more is always good.
6. Reduce dependency on others
Ok, I dunno why is this one here. Cos there is nothing that I can actually do about it. I’d think that I’m relatively independent, probably from losing my dad young. Had to grow up, from being daddy’s princess to head of the family overnight. But one thing that beats me is when it comes to certain things that I have no one to rely on at all. Ok, so the title is inappropriate here, it should be more like ‘finding someone to rely on’. The problem’s solved at this time, but days back was feeling really lonely and helpless in the world with no one to turn to. Actually the problem boils down to me. I’m like my mum, I don’t like to ask for help and I don’t like to trouble people unless I’m really at wit’s end. And I was really at wit’s end for the last incident.
So what I can do is to actually ask for help in real times of need, or to work extra hard and find a solution without depending on people. And I better start solving my car problems on my own too, no matter how much I hate it. I just so hate it and wanna chuck it to someone to just settle everything for me and all I have to do is drive. This is the only thing that I still prefer people to do though I can solve it on my own.
Rumination
Love Tim for his no-nonsense stand. His revelation last Saturday makes me wonder how does he take in all my nonsense then =)
CWF’s Skype caption is “Working is not everything. Enjoying life is more important” Sorry but I beg to differ. We’re 23 already, hello? Oh, I forgot that I’m not the youngest son, had my dad insist that I not burden myself with a study loan, had my education paid for with just a phone call or can afford to settle for a job that pays RM 500 less in the name of passion. But everyone has their own philosophies of life, so ok… He did say that we are on different frequencies anyway =D (Really hope that he doesn’t stumble on my blog someday)
The only thing I did was speak to him. Cos the others abhor him, I’m now the office bapuk’s ‘good friend’. Hai.. But he is amusing! Amusing cos he’s bapuk! I just don’t want some stupid news to get around. If it’s some hot guy, I wouldn’t have minded so much but bapuk? (Hehe, Tim’s gonna get angry at me d) but I could use it to my advantage like getting him to do things for him. Got him to wipe my desk, call the spray workshop and steal tea bags for me (green tea bags from the training room as above) =D
Am I that annoying that Wei Chern’s Skype says “Lee Sue Ann from MGS, ACS, UPM, Bandar Bukit Tinggi Klang is annoying”. Lol, so funny but so childish! This was after he couldn’t spell Nielsen and had to resort to those. Hahahaha!! Actually I called him annoying first and that was his retaliation. No originality.
Have a new laptop! Came back from training on Monday and found 2 laptop bags on my chair. Then MS said that James-the-bapuk had been looking for me since morn to tell me the good news. Later he said that since I got confirmed, we’re getting laptops (we=me, MS and himself). Then he said that if I get confirmed, he gets a laptop as commission. Then he asked if I’ve been confirmed and if so, I can’t leave within 2 years cos I have the laptop. Crappy guy.
Anyway, haven’t touched it yet at time of writing cos still busy transferring stuff over. Heard it has a webcam, Bluetooth, fingerprint security and 2GB of RAM. And it’s tiny! Now is that cool or what?! Ok, call me jakun for all I care but I’m surprised at the company’s decision to equip us with things that we don’t need for work. Heard that it costs about 6k a piece. So, I’m so motivated to come to work everyday now. Can chat faster, take own pics to upload to blog, see my bf when chatting with him, transfer songs to my phone without using the cable or my 2 external bluetooths and bring it wifi-ing around. Heck, the brand new smell of it is ecstasy! Eh, none of those that I wanna do is related to work!! =p
Wishing all a Selamat Hari Raya Haji, Merry Christmas and happy holidays! Will be MIA for that weekend.
5 comments:
Of course I read your blog. =)
I see that you got yourself a brand new laptop. Toshiba? It's a great one. I want!
Do you know what does that new laptop needs? A new shiny metal briefcase to keep it safe. U might even be able to avoid those thief who preys on laptops inside cars by owning that metal briefcase :) :)
Shi Leng! How do u know it's a Toshiba? Can be seen meh? Hehe. My company's a Toshiba supporter, all of ours have always been Toshibas.
No Tim, since the detectors can scan thru the car boot, I dun see what metal ur briefcase is made of that is tougher than the boot's! I might consider one though, when I have an interview to attend.. =D
I can see the word Toshiba at the bottom of the screen. I have a Toshiba myself. Mine is officially 3 years old. Still serving me fairly well. =)
Oh ya..u have very good eyesight! Can you read what's in the chatbox as well? Luckily it's chatting with Suet, so there's nothing naughty there hahaa. Good that ur laptop is still serving u well.o, u dun need mine =)
Post a Comment