Monday, December 3, 2007

Turning 23...

Initially planned to spend Sunday moping at home to make my mum feel guilty for killing my Cherating plan, so the celeb started on Saturday. Started the day with bah kut teh with May Ling, Lai Kuan and Phei Lin. Finally know who’s Phei Lin, after the 3 years in uni and all the emails that she sent me =D Oh, that one. They came down to Klang just for that and headed back to KL afterwards. It was quite a good, though short, catch up with 2 of my best friends in uni.

Then half hour later, I’m out with Timmy! Haven’t seen him the whole week. Dropped by at A&W so that Tim could have something to eat first. All I knew was he had made reservations for dinner at a restaurant in Bukit Bintang, but which, he wouldn’t reveal. Quite interesting to have a surprise and a feeling of suspense! =) And we didn’t have any plan for the afternoon too. Thought of making him cook me lunch since was tired of malls but there was no offer to do so, so… =)

If you're lazy/ impatient/ can't wait to know the secret, go straight to the purple text below, which is highlight of the day. But remember to read all later on la.. =D

Anyway, we ended up in Putrajaya, cos Tim wanted to show me how ‘happening’ Alamanda was that he and his colleagues flock there for lunch for 2 hours on certain days. I’ve never been to Putrajaya actually, and noticed that there were really nice futuristic bridges, nice lakes, funny artistic street lights but boring colour buildings =) Wanted to take pics of the bridges and street lights especially, but was lazy to do and didn’t wanna be seen as a jakun as well.

Then, to Alamanda. It is the mall for those who hate malls but are forced to frequent them to please their gfs. But this time, the gf is also tired of malls already cos her feet are aging. The big brands are there, but some are not yet opened. And the best part is probably the Esprit factory outlet. But didn’t get anything there as mostly were T-shirts and didn’t wanna buy anything for the sake of buying. Anyway, if I changed my mind, Tim can always go pick it up for me =) Alamanda is ok actually, but for the hard-core shopper, it will definitely not be enough. Then Tim showed me his workplace on the way out. If only I gotten the Public Bank thingy, think I would still be there and we would be working in offices just opposite the road from each other! Hai…

Then, we headed to the Bukit Bintang area to prepare for the event-of-the-night =) Had time to buy, so we hung out at Sungei Wang where there were lots of people and only horrible Chinese ed and Japanese-influenced clothes for sale. If you wanna find weird people, that is the place to go to. There were 2 guys dance-walking as they went along (dunno how to describe it). They danced-walk for each and every step and looked like they had groin cramps. There were also several people who were dressed so weirdly that Tim couldn’t make out ‘hir’ gender (btw, ‘it’ is actually female).

Dinner time..! Oh, Federal Hotel! Oh, revolving restaurant!!! It’s similar to the one in KL Tower but I didn’t know of this existence. Trust Timmy to find things online. The Bintang Revolving Restaurant is on the 18th floor of the Federal Hotel. There was live music and a good view of KL, especially the bustling Bukit Bintang area. The ambience was romantic =) Wanted to take pics of the interior but it was too dark, but I think the Samsung performed better this time (yes, I will admit it!). We ordered our food, enjoyed the view, enjoyed the food, stared at each other, drank our wine, and stared at each other =) It was really a lovely, ‘revolving’ experience. Tim concluded it as a nice, not-too-expensive place to hang out with ok food. Brilliant, touching idea =)



The view from the restaurant

Since the night was still young, decided to have more together-time watching movies at Tim’s place before heading home at 3 in the morning hahahaaa…

Got this idea from someone else’s blog, so here goes what Tim got me..


Inside was this lovely poem he wrote. Dunno how can someone make something so touching and meaningful rhyme. Hai…

This is a blur-er version that Timmy helped to resize to maintain Privacy&Confidentiality. I didn't realise that the original pic that went up a few minutes ago was simply too clear, thanks to my Sony (that can't really receive and make calls and sms-es at the moment)


Really had a great day, especially the whole night. Love Timmy so much! =)

*****
Part 2 of celebrations the next day.. wasn’t really celebration actually, going out wasn’t even in the plan but it was too hard to resist =)

Found this card when about to go out. My bro is getting good at words =) Said "Today marks the 23rd day of your life, so...enjoy your day" Aww..touched!

Followed Tim out to Damansara to meet his friend. Ended up in The Curve, had TGIF for lunch (which made me and everyone else super full that I skipped dinner that night) and managed to buy 3 tops. From the same shop. All at 10% off some more! I am getting better at efficient shopping , after finally shopping =D I think I really haven’t found anything I liked in a long time that finally buying something is making me feel like a champion. Hope I’m not turning into one of those bimbo shopping freaks.

Then we headed off to Shah Alam to meet another of Tim’s friend. Hope that it’s finally ‘all’s well’ as it seems! Happy for Timmy. After spending quite a short time there, headed home cos tried to come back early after reaching home at almost 3.30am yesterday =) And thought that might go out with family to celeb own birthday =p but turns out that dinner was at hawker stalls instead =D Haha, nvm la. Not that it was someone else’s birthday. Not gonna make a fuss over my own birthday haha.

23! Have been saying that I’m 23 all along this year and now I’m 23 again? Hmm.. Wonderful!! Hai, should have said that I was 22 all along. Seems sweeter, younger and cuter..

Woo!!

(I dunno what’s this woo for actually. Wanna summarize the weekend, I guess)

2 comments:

Radius said...

Glad that you enjoyed it Princess. I love u too :) :)

aehknum said...

Happy belated birthday!!