• can make me cry
• are all tough
• are annoying and so bloody annoying cos you wait and wait and wait
My tears flowed. The interviewer wasn’t horrible or anything, it’s just that I got so frustrated, miserable, tired and hungry after waiting 7 hours. We were waiting and waiting and waiting but nothing was being done. I vow, swear and promise that I will never ever attend any walk-in interview anymore. I also vow and swear that I will never meet ask for a date after an interview cos it always gets delayed and makes me feel utterly bad.
There are tests for every single interview nowadays. Guess that no one wants to employ stupid people. But since the results are just for the ‘profile’ and does not affect your employability, guess they just wanna know how dumb you are.
I have this concept that if I arrived first and finished the test first, I should be called in first, no? Why the heck did I arrive first and rush through the test then? Annoying is too mild a word to describe how I felt. Will bring something to read for the next interview; I’ve really learnt my lesson.
I’m so glad that my boyfriend is in a position to interview people. Make all those people wait like your baby had to. Make them wait and wait and wait til they start to understand why people commit suicide in prison.
Then I think I’m cocky. I think too highly of myself and looking at other candidates, I think there is no one better than I am. I dunno if I sound over-confident during interviews. Confidence is good but not over. Well, if I did come across as arrogant, there are 2 factors that contributed to it: a little bit of cockiness and speaking fluently compared to the other stuttering candidates who were either nervous or can’t speak proper English. So when someone speaks fluently, you get a cocky.
I so want that job. The cocky me was never this desperate for a job. The location’s good, the company’s good, the environment’s good unlike Samsung and the bonus.. OMHG! My eyes almost popped out when informed of the minimum payout. The EPF’s superb too. Now I realise what my company has been depriving all of us. There is not a single grouse about this position. If I don’t get it, I think I will take it very badly cos I was among the 2 shortlisted out of 47 and to not get it at this stage is … I just really really want this.
It was a short week but I had 3 interviews. Just waiting for offers and when I have a couple of them, selecting the best one is damn syok!
Job-hunting is tiring, both physically and mentally.
Things that are not related to interviews
Interviews are the most happening happenings that are happening in my life right now (how many ‘happenings’ can there possibly be in one sentence).
Resignation
So instead of talking about interviews which I already had, the next thing would be resignation. Oh no, you think, hahaha. Just that last Tuesday, I was feeling kinda sad thinking what James had said. We were on the way to buka puasa after work when he suddenly asked me to pull back my resignation. “Why leh?” I asked. “Cos we all miss you”. I didn’t think anything about it until I was on the drive home. The journey home is always the time when thoughts flow the best. Tears started flowing when I reach home. There will never be a place better than this to work. Everyone’s good. Not only that, but they are fun. No back-stabbing, politicking nor trampling on one another. Another place could only be better if the colleagues bought me lunch or massage my shoulders.
There is absolutely nothing that I am unhappy here. Except the pay. A few days later again, James brought up pulling back the resignation again. What is there to even consider, especially if there is no counter offer? And even if there was, knowing how much bonus is being offered out there will make me say ‘go fly kite!!’
That fella, bapuk bapuk also, can drive into the carpark to drop us off that night and said that he would send us up to the 1st floor if our cars were there, cos “so late already”. Maybe now MS would say that he is gentleman hahaha.
And one year plus here but haven’t picked up a single word of Hakka. Where else am I gonna find Hakka speaking people? And one who is that close to me? Gotta learn up pretty fast, a month more to go.
Stupid song
Take care of yourself
Be nice to your friends
And visit your relatives once in a while
Give love to your family
Take care of your baby
Don't be afraid to open your heart
So lame!! Visit your relatives once in a while? Take care of your baby?? So ROFL, so rolling!! Guffaw guffaw guffaw =D
Oh, it's from Bosson, titled This Is Our Lives, if you wanna download it.
Kaypochis
Go and mind your own business and stop taking care of the sides of people's cloth. You have nothing else better to do ah?
Do your own work!
Yeah I know that always during interviews, I said that teamwork is important, covering for colleagues is too but I don’t mean it! I absolutely hate to do other people’s work. A little is fine but I get so fcuking mad when it takes up the whole of my day. And the person whose work I am doing goes home at 4.45pm. How not to get pissed? The stupid person who created CutePDF writer is a fool too. Don’t create things for the sake of creating it. Didn’t it occur to you that people would need to resize the fonts that you happily shrunken after the conversion?
You must know that I have so many things to do in a day. Chatting with Timmy, playing lit as well, reading The Star, checking Timmy’s blog, looking for jobs, checking my Gawab mail, looking for part-time jobs and checking Lawrence’s and Kevin’s blog. On most days, I have nothing to do. So I get absolutely pissed when I have to stop all the above to do your work. I’m pissed, you know, cos the only work I do in a day is yours.
I reiterate, missing spots are fine but I hate stop presses, PDF conversion and those stupid Astro reports that are endless because the stupid Astro people only want to present things that are in their favour.
The end
Yesterday was my last Erican class. Good riddance! I hate that class. It’s so dreadful doing 5 hours straight, kids are running and making noise, I get disillusioned and sleepy, have to eat bread for lunch and then off to another 1.5 hours of tkd. Absolutely dreadful. But I laugh so hard seeing them scratch each other and kick each other’s butts. So funny!
These are the pics that we took on the last day. We didn’t do much in that final 2.5 hours.
(front row) Kim Hoo and Weng Sum. Kim Hoo's the one who takes a bus with his gf to KP and Weng Sum is teacher's pet =) Miss hugging his round tummy.
(back row) Eu Jie and Empty. Eu Jie asked me to stay til end of the year and if I wanted to share his Maggi mee, so touched.
Poyo kids like their poyo teacher who like to self-snap.
All my classes are about to come to an end. Need a break, yet need the money.
Things that I wanna do
a. Learn Chinese
Am Chinese, proud to be Chinese and I have to do something to be proud to be Chinese. Watch more Chinese serials to pick up Chinese?
b. Get a bracelet
c. Eat lots of food =)
Hadn’t had a good meal in a long time. What’s the point of working so hard but not enjoying the fruits of your labour? Getting fatter but still think I need a reward for my hard work =P
Last but not least, a picture to share..
I like being a parasite, what about you? :D
2 comments:
my dear dear say she also is like a parasite n love being a parasite that lodged to my back... :D
Glad to hear that she likes it too and that I am not alone in the parasitic world! =D
Post a Comment