Friday, January 2, 2009

Gaming tips =)

My ex-company’s Toshiba laptop said that the wrong CD is inserted after I had installed Outrun Coast to Coast. 1 year later, my Acer says the same thing too. I tried GTA San Andreas, same thing. So I know it’s not the laptop nor the game, it’s the whole ideology.

Timmy said that the game has to be cracked after installation. OH!! OHH!! (x2, one for 2008 and one for 2009) How would I know? My games have never needed to be cracked.

“The crack is inside the CD. You are 10% away from the game. You should be able to install it problem (this is Timmy’s msg, not sure what it means!)”

What is crack? How to crack?!

The laptop will crack when I hurl in to the wall. Deprivation, frustration and accumulated anticipation quite tempted the animal out of me. I endured the drive home, decided to install it despite being utterly sleepy, the installation took ages (to me) and not being able to play it again?? But let’s just say that I anger easily these days =)

So, how to really crack?

Let me share my new (self) found knowledge:

1. Install the game.
Ok, let’s not assume people know how to install a game. Put the CD into the drive and the InstallShield will pop up automatically. Just agree to the terms and conditions and click ‘next’ all the way til the end.

2. Open the Crack folder in the CD. Copy the Application type of file(s).
Ignore all the other files. In the case of Outrun, ignore the Unlocker folder, Save Game folder, cheatcode.rar, reloaded, rld-oc2c.rar, unleashed, Unlocker\unleashed, Unlocker\u-o6c2cu.rar, Save Game\common.dat and Save Game\license.dat.

3. Paste that Application file types into the destination where the game was installed. Replace any existing file with the same name.
It will be in the C drive, if you had selected ‘next next next’ in Step 1 above where the default destination is C drive. In the case of Outrun, paste it in C:\Program Files\Sega\OutRun2006 Coast 2 Coast. Sometimes it’s just in C and not in the Program Files. And you need to know what the folder is called. In this case, it’s Sega. Search for an Outrun folder and you will never find it. GTA’s is Rockstar Games and Evolution GT’s is Black Bean.

Why do they ever give such names that are not related to the game’s? =(

4. Play the game!


Next.. how to drift..

“Turn and tap the brake. Very fast tapping and release while turning will drift.”

Question: Where is the brake??

Justification to Timmy and the others who might think I’m a moron: Not all games use the ‘down’ key as brakes. Evolution GT uses A to accelerate, B to brake and the comma and fullstop keys as direction manoeuvre. But let’s just say that I have never, in my life, use the brakes when I play race games, be it at the arcade or on the PC. I’d rather ram the wall or anything else.

Oh yeah, so the brake is the ‘down’ key. “And while you’re drifting, you have to control your steering.” Don’t really understand. Yeah I managed to drift and collect hearts but how can I accelerate while tapping the brakes? I mean, it’s either you accelerate OR tap on the brakes. So, if I choose to drift, the car comes to a stop la =D *scratching head, no understand*

And I must say that when I play Outrun, the girlfriend’s task that I do best (before finding out how to drift) is to ‘hit the cars’. Which shows that I am good at hitting cars and should be thankful that people have created a game whose motive is not to avoid cars, but to hit them. Sicko!

I got at least an A for each task but the final rating is D. How can that be? Cheating us players la.

I can soon have a technical blog like Timmy too, named “Technology for Dum Dums”. Watch this space for more techie revelations!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sega, Rockstar, etc... is the name of the publisher of the game :D

Oways buy games cracked by Reloaded group or Razor1911... those 2 groups oways produce "high quality" cracks...

:D

babysue said...

Yeah.. but we don't identify games by the publisher ma..

Timmy did u hear that or not? Buy games cracked by Reloaded group or Razor1911 =D Why do games need to be cracked in the 1st place? Or is it that I haven't bought games for a long, long time? My HOTD4 wasn't so old ma..

Need to find some wrestling games soon, bro wanna play.. excuse to go shopping =)

Anonymous said...

Games needed to be cracked because the executable file will call the security dll to check whether the disc inserted is original or not, if not, then it will tell u that u inserted wrong disc...

So the guys with Reloaded or Razor1911 will get the original executable file, remove all the trigger to call the security dll then repack it back as the cracked executable file.

Other inexperienced group will left out some triggers that caused the game to hang midway during gameplay...