Saturday, January 24, 2009

The last work day of the Rat Year

Or else, it would be titled ‘I survive another week’ and there would be 52 entries with the same title by year end.

7.50am : ‘Lucky’ started ringing. I was sleeping in the car. Thought Timmy wanted to ask about my modem but as the previous 2 occasions, the ring of Lucky denoted that Timmy is here! He took my modem and left. 10 minutes is really insufficient, especially for a week’s worth.

Oh, he brought me breakfast too. A nasi lemak and curry puffs. So sweet =) He bit the curry puff with such gusto that the flakes broke all over. I think he wanted to demonstrate how yummy they were because I didn’t wanna eat any then, felt like puking. The gusto-bite: Priceless!

8.45am: I ended up with a RM99 monthly Wimax package. More expenses, less connectivity. I wouldn’t mind paying if the connection is good but given my nil options, crap is better than none. Forgive me if I go missing during a conversation or for annoying you tons of times with my signing in and out.

12.30pm: Out for lunch with Syl. I brought my nasi lemak to the mamak shop to teman Sylvia to eat. I found out that she smokes, which is quite surprising cos she looks small and cute. She was stressed and started puffing like a chimney. She said she started social smoking at Form 4 or 5, wow.

1.30pm: Annoyed with myself for bringing up the book home. The book was always in the car to be read during traffic jams. I wanted to return it so that I can borrow the Jeffery Archer book for the hols. And now I got absolutely nothing to read at all except the Anthony Bourdain book which I am not very interested in.

2.30pm: Meeting with FOMs. Got introduced to all of them.

4.45pm: Shaun called. I thought it was weird cos I know he is off already. Turns out he called just to wish me Happy CNY. So sweet.. He asked if I’m ok from being ‘sick’ yesterday and said that BB is very susah wan. I purposely told everyone that Shaun called, cos it was really sweet and so that BB will know that she didn’t get any call.

6.20pm: Left the office after sending the minutes. Dunno why that stupid slob wants to send the minutes at this time on this day on this CNY break. Everyone has left the office and there is only me and her. Pissed. Got back at her for not going to her open house, both of her staff boycotted her.

6.40pm: Asked Mr Tay if there is class tomorrow. He asked to assume that there is none and asked me to just enjoy my holidays. Aww... so I said ok and wished him a happy new year.
He replied: Happy new year young lady!
I said: the way u say that is as if you are an old man. You are not much older than I am!
He said: Laugh.

And I lol. Young lady.. when he’s 32 and I’m 24.

8.00pm: I was so sleepy that I became light-headed and found it hard to keep my balance. This was one of the most tiring tuition classes so far. But it was fun cos I chatted with the kids. (Again)They asked if I am married. I asked them to guess, Dineest said no cos I have no ring. I showed both to them. He said they were not on my ring finger. Hmm..clever kid! Then he asked me to get married so that I can give angpau. Trying to get married in time for CNY which is 2 days’ away is really a hurried decision. But they said that I can untung by giving angpau, whatever that means... and he advised to get a bf, and to get a rich one too.

Hakim said ‘Cikgu pakai rantai love’.

Yazid wiped his face on the wall when I told him that his face is black from the marker pen. Then he grabbed Andrew’s shirt and wiped his face. I dunno which is funnier but I think seeing that kid rubbing his face against the wall is so hilarious. I mean, who would think of the wall when you gotta to wipe your face??

I can stay up to 1.30am on normal days but I’m so dead tired on Fridays. Too tired to savour each moment of Friday but hey, it’s CNY and there are a total of 5 days off! CNY this year seems bleak, I didn’t even get any food items but it’s holiday woot woot!!

Kong Hei Fatt Choy to one and all!

No comments: